It's after midnight and I'm pretty exhausted.
We had a morning appointment with our financial advisor up north. We took KC with us, of course. Just in case, I put KC in pull-ups and brought along her toilet seat attachment. Sure enough, right in the middle of our meeting, KC said she had to use the potty. We rushed over to the Women's Bathroom and she promptly let loose. I was quite impressed. This was the first time she used a toilet outside of the house.
Wow!
She was dry after her nap. However, she's still not comfortable with pooping in the potty.
It's exciting to see her reach a new milestone everyday.
This evening we hosted our Anniversary Party. We've celebrated our wedding anniversaries with two other couples for more than two decades. Even though Art and I have moved to Hawaii, we can't stop tradition. I wish we could meet more often but we now live so far apart that we manage to usually meet just once a year. It's funny how because of our past history, even though we're so far apart and meet so rarely, we know that if we need help with something, we'd be able to count on them. It's a lovely feeling.
Uh... oh...
Art just told me that it's 12:20 AM and I need to get to bed because you-know-who will be up bright and early tomorrow.
Good night everybody.
Friday, May 7, 2010
16 comments:
I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.
I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like KC is making good progress. You just need to find the right motivator to get her to take the next step. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHang on in there Grandma! You're doing great.
ReplyDeleteHi Kay. I back from Tiberias and it's great to catch up on all your doings of the past week.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work.
well you'll just have to write a book/blog about your successes-I'm sure you'll be in demand! LOL-what an accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteIt must be about time for mom & dad to return. KC will be so proud of herself. Good work Grandma!
ReplyDeleteKay;
ReplyDeleteSounds good with # 1. The rest will follow. Mom will be home soon and KC will be so proud of herself that she will go # 2 for Mom.
I have never met an adult that poops in her diaper everyday.
Oops I take that back! :)
Happy Anniversary! What a lovely tradition.
ReplyDeleteYou are brave, and wonderful, and the best. She will never remeember all this, but we will. Great tree too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteYou really DESERVE a great mothers' day, Kay!
ReplyDeleteAloha from Hawaii
Comfort Spiral
I'm glad KC is doing really well! Happy Mother's Day to you my friend!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the training...sounds as if KC is doing very well. And Happy Anniversary, I love your tradition.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, hand in there Grandma! You are indeed doing a great job! And it does sound as though KC is making good progress. Sorry I've been absent for a bit -- things get a little frantic around here from time to time, but I do keep up with the progress! Have a beautiful Mother's Day, Kay!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
Oh, I almost forgot!!! Happy Anniversary!! And may you have many more!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful way to celebrate, and how lucky all of you are!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear there was no poop for it however LOL
Belated Happy Anniversary ! I am so proud of KC,she sure is a bright kid.
ReplyDelete