Let me explain one thing first about Buddhists. They're not all vegetarians. I'm sure you've noticed by now that we're not. Art, Mom and I do strive to not consume much meat though We try to have vegetables, fruits and grains take up 75% of our diet.
After our happy blood test results the other day, we decided to go ahead and have a McDonalds meal while we were running around doing things.
We tried their Teri Burger that we'd been hearing advertisements for.
It was gooey like the McRib. In fact, it sort of tasted like a McRib with more soy sauce.
We scarfed that up pretty quickly.
Actually I ended up giving Art a quarter of mine so that I could save calories for the dipped cone.
Sorry this photo didn't turn out very well. My hands were all sticky from the Teri Burger and I couldn't hold the camera properly. I also bit off the top before I took the photo.
Yes, it was great!
We'll walk up the hill for exercise this evening, but it was worth it.
After our happy blood test results the other day, we decided to go ahead and have a McDonalds meal while we were running around doing things.
We tried their Teri Burger that we'd been hearing advertisements for.
It was gooey like the McRib. In fact, it sort of tasted like a McRib with more soy sauce.
We scarfed that up pretty quickly.
Actually I ended up giving Art a quarter of mine so that I could save calories for the dipped cone.
Sorry this photo didn't turn out very well. My hands were all sticky from the Teri Burger and I couldn't hold the camera properly. I also bit off the top before I took the photo.
Yes, it was great!
We'll walk up the hill for exercise this evening, but it was worth it.


I have never heard of that Macdonalds burger before, is it only in your area I wonder?Congratulations on the good results on the blood tests,
ReplyDeleteMy daughter says she saw the teriburger in Singapore earlier in the year and thought it was tasty there too. They don't have them in Illinois.
DeleteI have been a vegetarian for so long I can't remember when I last ate a hamburger. I suspect if I were a meat eater that picture would have made me want one, though! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe're trying to eat less and less meat in our household although it's already mostly fish that we consume.
DeleteLooks great to me.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your walk. Watch out for loose dogs.
At a Kansas McDonald's, you only see the lettuce if you lift up the top bun. Think I would have preferred a teriyaki grilled chicken. DrumMajor
ReplyDeleteI wish they'd offer a terichicken. That would be yummy, I would think. I'd still be tempted to have the dipped cone though.
DeleteOur area's McDonalds don't have that on the menu--at least that I've heard of. I haven't eaten there in more than a year. If I want a hamburger, around here there are many better places to go.
ReplyDeleteOoo yummy. I haven't been to Mickey D's in such a long time that I didn't even know about the teri burger. Looks yummy though!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the blood tests were good. I don't think we have the Teri Burger here, at least I haven't seem it advertised. I have a friend here who is a Buddhist and she is definitely not a vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian, but it seems that I eat very little meat these days.
ReplyDeleteThis is actually the first time I've had the teriburger at McDonalds. I wonder if it's always been offered.
DeleteMcDonalds! Good for you and Art Kay, why not!
ReplyDeleteWhen I eat fast food, it is usually a spicy chicken sandwich from Jack n the Box. Never McD.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... never had one of those. Perhaps one of these days...
DeleteI'll skip the burger and just go for the ice cream, thanks. I'm finding meat is the easiest thing for me to cut back on.
ReplyDeleteWe really don't eat much meat over here too. It's mostly fish and a little chicken actually. We do eat hamburger in dishes, but stretch it with vegetables, beans, etc.
DeleteI know exactly how you must have felt after the "happy blood test results"...I am on top of the world after any improvement. Thanks for the encouraging words yesterday!! I really cherish your kindness.
ReplyDeleteI love soft serve and still haven't tried the dipped cones. Ahhh...something to look forward to.
L. from W.
I was surprised that the McDonalds dipped cone was pretty much as good as the one at Dairy Queen.
DeleteOne of my daughters is a vegetarian and can't drink or eat anything made with or has stuff like beef broth in it or she gets sick. She can't eat a slice of pie made with real lard. I don't know if I could get used to it at my age.
ReplyDeleteIs she allergic to meat products or the thought and principle of it?
DeleteLOL, Kay. The pictures look yummy, although I seldom visit McDonalds. However, yesterday Dick and I went to Dairy Queen because they had a special on Blizzards. The second one only cost 99 cents. Dick figured the best bargain would be if we both had large ones. I don't know if that had anything to do with the upset tummy I had all evening, but I'm fine today. Dick didn't have an ache or a pain, even though he's still considered post-surgical.
ReplyDeleteK
I've never had one of those Blizzards. I did have the dipped cone there for my birthday though. An upset tummy? Do you think you might be lactose intolerant too? I have to take a Lactaid pill when I have dairy these days.
Deleteguilty pleasures, LOL !
ReplyDeleteHave a Great Week
Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=
> < } } ( ° >
My philosophy is that eating out is one of the most unhealthiest thing on the planet.
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely right, of course, Ron. However, every so often we do like to just have a little unhealthy treat.
DeleteYUM! I want to try the dipped cone =)
ReplyDeleteMcDonalds is starting to open all-vegetarian restaurants in India.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an oxymoron, no?
If it had been me I would have gone straight for the ice cream. I know, it is all shades of wrong. I am not much of a meat eating person either but my downfall is sugar and carbs. They are so bad for me. You are all really healthy and I love the way you take great care of your health but still splurge every now and then and have fun. Everything in moderation, just as it should be.
ReplyDelete