Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Solar/Rain Umbrella

Art's cousin, Renee had a surprise gift for me.  She knew about my hunt for an umbrella that would protect against both sun and rain.  When I've used my regular umbrella to Zumba class and the sun was too strong, I could still feel the heat seeping through the fabric as I walked home.



Isn't this amazing?

The fabric is similar to what they use on auto windshield sunshades.

It's very compact and will be great when we travel too.

I'm so excited!

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I hope you didn't need to use it much, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift for you. Art's cousin must know you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice version; almost looks like it's wearable like a hat. DrumMajor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of these. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, that was a great gift and a wonderful invention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do like to be prepared! What a genius gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only in Hawaii. I hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all should use sun umbrellas more. My grandmother always did and when she passed at 93, her face had not the first wrinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. does look like it will block most of the sun and the UV light.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta Get One, Kay!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a find, and what a thoughtful cousin. It is always so heartwarming when someone remembers little things like this. Enjoy your umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great gift. I am going on a search for this one. I have been needing to replace my old one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to know that they make such a product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would attach that umbrella to my riding lawn mower for protection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, we took one, and I was so heat struck that it was never used. You could find me inside the air conditioned busses at every stop.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.