Thursday, November 26, 2015

Technology Closing the Distance

Technology is amazing.

While we were in Illinois, our son-in-law, Ed helped us upgrade my iPhone 4s to the 6s. He and Tiffany then showed us how to use the new phone and worked out any bugs we needed to fix.

One of the apps we loved on the new cellphone was Find Friends. With this app, we were able to follow Tif and Ed on a map wherever they went in Paris. We knew where they were sightseeing and when they returned to their hotel room. KC thought it was hilarious to "stalk" her parents.

KC was also reassured and happy when her parents would call or Skype showing her their Paris hotel room and letting her know they were safe and enjoying themselves.



Text pictures arrived daily letting us know what they'd seen.

Tiffany said she actually teared up when she saw the famous IM Pei pyramid at the Louvre. She could hardly believe she was in Paris.

This was a time of happiness and excitement. Walking along the Seine was magical for them.

It's sad to know what has happened since.

We are truly thankful they were able to have this time before violence and evil rocked the City of Lights.

As we enjoy this day of Thanksgiving, I'd like to wish you all a day to love each other and to be glad for moments of peace when we can have it.

Technology brings loved ones closer together, but it seems to bring the terror of the world closer. And that's important too for we need to love everyone and help each other.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful wishes, Kay. I send them right back to you and feel so very grateful for my blogging universe, as well as my other one. I love Find My Friends, too! Peace, love, and joy on this and every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you three and all your family.
    I certainly appreciate you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be comforting to know like that when the kids get safely back after their day.
    N. would surely accuse me of stalking, though.
    Great happy pictures, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kay. I hope your family had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "love everyone and help each other" wonderful advice Kay, easier said than done. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I trust you were in touch with family with your new phones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family had a very exciting event. It's amazing what can be done with technology now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They certainly were lucky they got to see Paris before the tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our kids spent two weeks in Paris last year. Such a beautiful place, but too many angry, young, unemployed young men and women.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.