Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Perfect Birthday for a Two Year Old

We struggled to come up with a special way to celebrate our grandson's 2nd birthday. The aquarium was considered since our grandson loves the lobster tank at the supermarket. The distance, appropriateness for a two year old, and cost of admission at various other museums were also debated. Admission prices for our group would have been pretty high at most of those places although we would have been happy to help cover the cost.


No decision had been made by the time we left the evening before JD's birthday. When we arrived the following morning Keola told us that they'd found a place they thought JD would like. It was about a 45 minute drive to Wheaton Regional Park.


Both JD and 10 year old KC absolutely loved it! Their parents and grandparents enjoyed it too.  It was a massive park with a little train, merry-go-round and huge playground. There was just a little charge for riding the train and merry-go-round, but all in all, the cost was minimal and we had a fabulous time.

Isn't it wonderful to find a way to celebrate a milestone without breaking the bank? I know JD enjoyed this sunshine play day just as much as a huge, expensive party.

Hmmmm.... I wonder what they'll do for his 3rd birthday.

17 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when our grand kids love our surprises?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little park! I am a fan of carousels, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love those when I was little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, just stop it! You're growing up these children too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple pleasures and just being with family always wins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delight...and beautiful too. Yes, even the zoo here is appallingly expensive not to speak of Sea World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was one neat park--one a 78 year old would enjoy also:) Lots of variety and the train looked extra fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds perfect! Is JD 2 already? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, JD! You all found the perfect place to celebrate and have fun together.
    Kay, I had a good laugh when reading your "The aquarium was considered since our grandson loves the lobster tank at the supermarket."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only did the birthday boy have fun, the adults had just as much fun watching him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really think big expensive parties for young children are really for the parents. You found a perfect way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At his age he’d probably enjoy going back to that same park for the next several years and could become more familiar and memorable. Each year he’d be able to engage in activities he probably wouldn’t have the year before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday...My grandson would also have loved that but he loved the aquarium too.....Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.