Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

Happy New Year, everybody!

I just wanted to stop by briefly to wish you all a year full of adventure, happiness and especially good health.


New Year's Eve was truly another noisy welcoming of the new year filled with illegal fireworks. Aerial fireworks are definitely banned in Hawaii and my nephew tells me they are extremely expensive. And yet, so many of our neighbors were setting them off between 8:00 PM until 3:00 AM. Amazing! It made me a little nervous when winds started to blow the sparks over our roof.


These fireworks were set off just a few doors away from us.


I was trying to go to sleep after midnight and could still see the fireworks right outside our window.


The politicians have grappled with this issue every year, but enforcement is too difficult for our police force.

All I can say is, Hawaii started off the year with a big BANG! Were there fireworks in your neighborhood also?

I'll be looking forward to getting back to blogging in another week or two. Until then, stay well!

22 comments:

  1. Hawaii is a crazy place when it comes to fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we had fireworks too. I am not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were missed, glad you are back...we only had sounds of fireworks in the distance but went to bed early anyway...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been missed. No we didn't have any celebrating neighbors here and I am sure for Callie didn't wake me up. She hates them and goes a bit wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! It was explosion central in our neighborhood, stopped abruptly at 12:10am wonder if the police came by. May your new year be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to see you. Happy new year back at you. And a hug from the Cold California Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and all the family, Kay. We had a few illegal fireworks, I heard them but I was long before that in bed so I don't know if they lit the sky or not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear from you. Yes we had fireworks and lots of shotgun blasts. We are in the country on the lake and people can go wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing a happy, healthy, satisfying 2019 to you and all your loved ones.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Kay. Best wishes for a Happy Healthy and Wealthy 2019 to you and your family from a very warm Melbourne down under.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My city bans it in city limits, doesn't stop anyone. At least they can be acquired here without smuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like they might as well make them legal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There were a few illegal fireworks in our neighborhood, but the big, legal show was at the Space Needle, as captured off my TV in my header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have fireworks on 4th of July. I hate it when some go off at 3 am, after an hour's peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you are back! I have really missed your newsy posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year! I hope you don't have wooden shingles on your house. Non-wood ones would minimize fireworks setting the roof on fire. In good 'ol midwestern Kansas City, the police warned folks not to shoot guns in celebration. Over 300 did, but one guy accidentally shot himself in the stomach. Foolish; will live to remember what the rules are next year. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. There seemed to be less fireworks this year but STILL a lot. My daughter's dog was getting nervous and I didn't have time to take him to the vet for tranquilizers so this year I tried CBD oil. A few drops in the palm of my hand, he would lap it up, and then a couple of hours later, another few drops. He was still a little nervous but not pacing and panting like last year. He just wanted to cuddle up and chill. I think it worked better than the normal tranquilizers because the next morning he was chipper and active instead of groggy.

    I have mixed feelings about our New Year's fireworks since I grew up with them and they were so much a part of what our celebrations and gatherings were, but as I get older, I just want peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trust you had happy holidays. We have few fireworks where I live, and don’t recall hearing any New Year’s. There’s been a concerted effort to limit and control fireworks for many years here as they’ve been outlawed except in special settings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We didn't have any fireworks in the neighborhood, they were in the distance.

    Happy New Year Kay. I wish you all the best in 2019!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.