Wednesday, March 29, 2023

WORDLE War II

OK, I figure all's fair in love and WORDLE.

We have a WORDLE battle every morning with the kids. Our daughter, Tiffany is in Chicago. Our son, Keola is on the other side of the world. Because Keola is almost a day ahead of us, he often gets the WORDLE the day before we do.

I also know that Keola uses the SAME beginning two words that I do. 

ADIEU and STORY

He just does it in a different order than me unless he decides to use another word to throw me off.

Although he claimed to "stink at this" on this particular day, he was able to get it faster than me or his sister. 

Granted, Tiffany is no slouch herself.

I am sad to say I have crashed and burned doing this at least 3, maybe 4 times. If it's more than that, I refuse to admit it.

Anyway, on this particular day I could figure out that Keola probably did STORY first, so I know there's an O and an R. I also know there's an A.

Sooo... knowing that, I tried MORAL. Hallelujah! I got two yellow letters which indicated they were just in the wrong place.

OMG! OMG! I got in two tries. Woo hoo! I could hardly believe it.

Did I lie about it? Of course not, I told my children the truth.

That's my smug dog gif.

....To which Tiffany sent this SUS frog. I had to look up what SUS meant. It means:  "giving the impression that something is questionable or dishonest; SUSpicious."

And Keola agreed.

😁

And the next day...sigh.... 

Never mind.

23 comments:

  1. I play with 4 of my 5 siblings every morning. I use adieu, route, earth, and then sometimes random words hoping it will be the one. The other day my youngest sister got it in one. The word was guano. But she had help. My brother in AZ made a comment on our other thread that gave Marie a clue. He'd forgotten that she hadn't posted her score yet. It's fun. Must get to it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Margie...not Anonymous! I have never tried Wordle

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother is in 1st place and I am in second and my poor sister drags behind. My beginning word is usually CAUSE but I might start with STORY today. It is a challenging game for sure.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I have never tried it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eldest daughter and I do it most days but we never send each other the gif showing the letter placements. We just text each other "Wordle in 3" as an example. I never thought of it but in the context of this post, doing it that way prevents CHEATING! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too wordle. Use audio and scent as my first 2. DH and I play each morning and my cousin and friend sometimes let me know if they got it in 3...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coincidently my daughter just introduced this wordle to me an hour ago. She has been playing this with her uni friends all this while. she showed me how to play..she did it right earlier and knew that I would not be able to guess the word, she told me the answer is "Beset"..hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I play it every day, but like to have a different word every day. Once I got it on the first try - "found" - pure luck! Had a run of 3,2,2 last week and then x ed out the next day - haha! I play with a group of friends.
    Here's a nice start word to you to consider - suite.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still play wordle with my family in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I give John too many hints when I send him my Wordle first. He knows I mostly start with adieu. My younger daughter and I share our scores too. We usually do about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have yet to try this. I am not confident. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really cool you found something you guys can still do together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, SUS, with those clues from your son.
    I WORDLE every day but just post my results on FB, where several FB friends check in. I use a different word every day, what ever strikes my fancy. I like it that you play with your kids. As far as I know, my kids don't play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is amazing! I looked back at my wordle words and I got that one in 4 tries, which is my average. I got words in 2 tries with STAID and POISE because my starter word is always ADIOS. I used to play Bejeweled Blitz against my friends but had to stop because my fierce competitive nature would keep me up for hours to beat them. You did good, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I play with my daughter! She is fierce at the math ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is proving popular but I still haven't tried it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like wordle but I'm not very good at it. I also do Canuckle which is the same type of game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m another who hasn’t tried

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sisters and I share Wordle each day. I often start with great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. More tedious than I want to engage. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  21. I played it for a while but I got bored with it.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.