There was an offer recently for customers to buy a Frosty Tag at Wendy's.
We've bought a couple of the tags for a few years now. It's supposed to be available until February 16th and cost $3.00.
Unfortunately, they were all out of them when we visited our local Wendy's a couple of weeks ago. 😏 So I asked my daughter if she went to Wendy's and if so, to pick up tags for Art and me in Chicago.
"No," she said. "We rarely go there. What are you getting?"
I told her we get the apple pecan salad. And it's usually $2 or $3 off on my Wendy's app each week.
"You're eating that every week?" Tiffany asked in a rather incredulous voice.
"It's a salad," I told her. "And it's a Junior Frosty. It's very small. And the proceeds are supporting the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption®."
"Mom," she said with a sigh and a chuckle. "It's not that healthy."
I did sort of know that. Sort of.
However.... since we were in the neighborhood of another Wendy's the other day, we stopped in to ask if they had the Frosty tag.
"Sure," he said laughing. "How many would you like?"
So, OK... We got another Frosty tag for both of us to use next year.
But SHHH.... Tiffany need never know.
Art just laughed out loud and said, "You know she knows."
It's a dull life if you can't have an occasional treat.
ReplyDeleteMy dad is of the age now that I encourage him to eat what he wants to eat. He has beaten the odds and any health damage will be minimal now compared to doing the same thing starting in his 20s.
ReplyDeleteI recall the time when we would get the Wendy salad instead of the usual fast food fare. We were feeling virtuous until we realized that their salad was higher in fat than their burger.
ReplyDeleteIt was all a trick to get you in the store.
DeleteYou are allowed treats!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Christine!
DeleteThat makes me smile, but I think you are allowed to "fall off the wagon" now and then.
ReplyDeleteYour diet is the sum total of everything you eat. As long as you're not making a Frosty every day you should be good.
ReplyDeleteFast food! Yep your daughter is right but when in a hurry I can understand. Dan opts for the Frosty too if we go there. More likely we go to Panera. We like their salad selections better and I like their chicken noodle soup.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm with Tiffany. That key tag is just a ruse to get you into their store. As Terry would say, you can save even more if you just don't go there! However, maybe a once-a-quarter treat isn't too bad. But once a week is bad.
ReplyDeleteCalories are not necessarily what it's all about. There are some high numbers on that salad, but also a lot of protein and fiber. You're not eating it every day so I wouldn't feel a bit guilty.
ReplyDeleteHa ha. We bought our tags last week and are going today for our weekly salad and frosty. I learned from you about the free senior drinks. Hello from the Chicago suburbs and thanks for your enjoyable blog.
ReplyDeleteLOL, you do what makes you happy, even if it has an element of unhealthy.
ReplyDeleteKay, we hardly ever go to fast food restaurants... well, Whataburger (on occasion) and Arby's (maybe once a month). DH usually likes soup for lunch and I like crackers and cheese (gluten free), so not really a hardship. But I agree that there's nothing wrong with having a treat once in a while.
ReplyDeleteThat salad sounds really good, and healthy enough. I would skip the Frosty though if it were me. While diet soda isn't healthy, I choose it because I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them :-)
ReplyDeleteOK, we won't tell.
ReplyDeleteYou are free to make your own choice! Enjoy! Allow how from town side
ReplyDeleteI used to work at a Wendy's on alternate weekends as a young single mom about 30 years ago. Probably the healthiest item there is the chili. Not sure if you even have it in Hawai. They take the hamburger patties that sat in the warmer past time and throw them in a big pot in the fridge. The next morning they take that pot of dried patties and add the 2 different kinds of beans and a vegetable soup kind of can and cook it for about 3 hours. From what I saw how the food was handled, I've never had a hamburger there since I worked there. Not so healthy, but the breaded chicken sandwich was the only thing that went straight from the freezer into the pressure cooker. An interesting study of people: the richest ones who came inside to eat, left the biggest messes on the tables and floor. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your apple pecan salad a Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't go to Wendy's a lot but I do like the frosties. Especially when they have the strawberry flavor 😋
ReplyDelete