Monday, December 15, 2025

Today's Reality

 One of my very fun classmates sent us all some fun reality cartoons.


Granted, I do a blog now instead of writing in my journal. You can make more friends this way.


Actually, I use my VERY old Fitbit which isn't all that costly.


Ummm... Actually... What High Income? And yes, we know our neighbors quite well, thank you.

I'm happy to say we do have a number of best friends. Unfortunately, we are sadly losing too many of them. It's a sad fact of aging, I'm afraid.

And no... I'm trying to gain weight now. I can't snack easily because of my Invisalign so it's hard to accumulate calories.

I do look back on the fun days of growing up on a poor sugar cane plantation camp where we didn't know we were poor, but I'm grateful for the life I've been given since.

19 comments:

  1. While I think all of the cartoons point out problems with our society, I think previous eras had their own similar shortcomings that people reminisced about. It is just human to miss our childhoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, you said what I was going to (but in a much better fashion).

      Delete
  2. That is kinda true about journals vs FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting assortment of truths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to look at the good side of humanity these days. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're FitBit twins! I know all my neighbors; they are a great help to me when needed as I hope I am to them. Living in the same house for nearly 30 years has probably made a difference. My parents used to say that those so-called "good old days" were not very good for many people, like women and minorities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my Apple Watch, which I love but don't know how to use it very well. I loved the funny but true sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know we are a dying breed with our "old fashioned" ideas of what is good. I really worry for the next generations. But I won't be around to witness it. I also grew up poor, having a single mother (NObody had a divorced parent at that time), but I didn't realize it because I would play on the streets, fish in the stream, climb trees, etc. Not until I became a teenager and others had money to spend when we would go shopping did I realize we were poor. But I had and still have good friends, and my own house, a mango tree, and a turtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mango tree and a turtle..... you are indeed blessed! I love this comment.

      Delete
  8. Interesting. Reality yes, I guess. at least for many of us. Sadly, not really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought provoking. The one with the slim TV is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Costly watches...but no time. I hadn't thought of it that way before. Wow, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss family gathering around one phone to take turns talking to the caller. The thinner TV and chubbier person is too true! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irony is man seems to ruin everything.we have lost our balance. With no balance we fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good reality cartoons but funny in a sad sort of way ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's incredible how many things in our culture. I remember thinking after seeing the Apollo moon landing that everything had been invented. I was pretty young then. The changes in our world since then were unimaginable back then, despite the moon landing.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.