

Here's a photo I took while in Santa Fe in June visiting my son, Jon. My husband and I were making our big move from Illinois to Hawaii. Jon said he had a surprise for us during our 3 day visit in New Mexico on the way to California where we would be shipping our van to Hawaii. We thought he might be taking us to a concert or an art show or perhaps some garden exhibit. What a huge, delightful surprise for me. It was my first rodeo. As the sun set behind the bronco riders, I took this shot. It brings back lovely memories when I see it.
For even more incredible shots, please join us at Sky Watch Friday.
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks fror sharing these!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful -- as always! I've remarked on several Sky Watch posts today how similar the beautiful colors are in all parts of the world. Seems the skys might be trying to tell us something! Thanks, Kay!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo! I love how you can see the silhouettes of the cowboys against the sky. Absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeletegreat photo and color and subject matter...the west brings many memories back...
ReplyDeleteI love the sky's colours, but the silhouette of the cowboys and spectators make this wonderful. Your son's a darling to think of something so fun.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen Santa Fe, or a real rodeo: thank you for sharing such a lovely moment from your visit there!
Really beautiful, and very interesting, too. Happy SWF. :)
ReplyDeleteMakes me thing of spring time at dusk!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo!
I just love photos that bring back strong positive memories!
ReplyDeleteI like this photo - the sunset is so awesome w/ it behind the riders w/ their cowboy hats! Great Cowboy Shot!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kay, what a lovely surprise your son had in store for you. You have shared a great photo also, cowboy hats and a beautiful sky. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots. Love the silhouettes. Hope your loving your new surroundings in HI.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great photo! And a lovely sky as well.
ReplyDeleteVery fun; hope it met your expectations! Yeehaw, from MT.
ReplyDeleteHi Kay! That would have been a wonderful surprise for me too. I was to a rodeo once and totally enjoyed myself.
ReplyDeleteThe sunset is very pretty. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Did Art like the rodeo? Lisa
Beautiful colorful skies and I love your header photo!
ReplyDeleteLove the silhouettes of the bronco riders against the sky, Kay. Nice shot.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo, so intriguing...
ReplyDeleteGreat photo!
ReplyDeleteLove the cowboy hats in front of that lovely sunset, also all those onlookers on the left.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice twilight ... that's a good western sky.
ReplyDeleteGreat sky behind the cowboys. Nice skywatch, thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteHappy sky watch Friday
ReplyDeleteLove your beautiful photo.
I love Santa Fe. I love Rodeos. I love horses and cowboys. And I love this photo you took!
ReplyDelete~Lisa
Tijeras, New Mexico
Beautiful picture and very interesting!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine this photo brings back memories.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great shot with the silhouettes against the beautiful evening sky.
I just love the beauty of the photo.Thanks for visiting my SWF and have a nice day
ReplyDeleteGreat shot, Kay! And the one with the bumble bee is a great one too! You were very brave! :)
ReplyDeleteA lovely sky, and all the more interesting with the silhouettes of the cowboys and spectators. Happy Skywatching~
ReplyDeleteOh, this is an interesting, unique shot. I love the silhouettes and the colors in the sky!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my Happily Retired Gal blog on WordPress this morning and leaving the link back here. I enjoyed the 'bee' photos and wish MY camera would cooperate with ME to take such macro shots. THIS photo is gorgeous! There's nothing quite like the sunset skies in the Southwestern states. You might enjoy visiting my other blogs too so I left the link with 'Google' ... just because.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings,
Hugs and blessings,
heheh ... looks like I was repetitiously redundant with my closing ;--)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my blog today Kay! I love the way the cowboys stand out against that brilliant sunset.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Beautiful sky at sunset and great silhouettes!
ReplyDeleteI've never been to a rodeo, but watched the movie, "Eight Minutes" (I think that was the name of it) when a student I was working with recommended it. It was based on the life of a real person, who he was a big fan of, but who had died.
ReplyDeleteI love your Skywatch picture. I like the bees and basil, too. Here in Nebraska, the basil is finished for the season.
A wonderful sunset shot :)
ReplyDelete