Tif tried to get KC inoculated a couple more times and wasn't able to get in. It was very frustrating. Finally she went to our town's community center where Art and I used to get our seasonal flu shots. The line was stretched very far and long. This is north of Chicago, not Hawaii and Tif says it was very cold.

Here's KC bundled against the cold with the stroller top down to protect her from the wind. It was a lot colder to stand in line than it was a month ago, but the main thing is she got her first shot... not that she enjoyed the experience until she got her cookie.
Tif says in Illinois they are targeting the children and those under 25 years old group first. I think that's what she said. They say that anybody over 64 seems to be more resistant to H1N1. Well... I guess Art is safer.
I'm not seeing any vaccines being given out here for anyone other than school children.
Every time I go out and somebody coughs or sneezes, it makes me nervous. I've also got my hand sanitizer with me at all times. Me, paranoid? Naaah....

Oi is all I can say.
ReplyDeleteYour Diamond Head header gave me a shudder of awe.
I got mine last month and was very relieved. Like you I carry handwash everywhere and use it, I even hace the hubster doing it too! Glad to see such sensible bundling up of KC. It still amazes me how some moms let their kids go out under dressed in freezing temps.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear KC finally got her H1N1 shot. What an ordeal before she finally got it! Tiffany must be relieved it's a done deal. According to news reports, the H1N1 has hit its peak in Maine and is now on the decline. I hope so.
ReplyDeleteI have never had a flu shot and never will. Don't believe in it.
ReplyDeletegood that KC got her shot, it may be more peace of mind than anything.
ReplyDeleteit's funny when people sneeze or cough in public, you kind of freeze and hope they don't have the flu! it's paranoid season...
ReplyDeleteSo, to get a shot to keep one from getting ill, one is forced to stand in the cold -- even small children -- for blocks? Oh that makes good sense. NOT!
ReplyDeleteThe new header pic is fab!
Stay safe- wash your hands.
ReplyDeleteAloha, Friend!
Comfort Spiral
Glad KC got her shot. Ashton was very fortunate that her college had them available about three weeks ago and she walked right in to the clinic with no waiting! My husband who works in a hospital just got his this Wednesday! I too cringe whenever I hear coughing and sneezing around me.
ReplyDeleteya..scary..take care..
ReplyDeletenah...safety 1st
ReplyDeleteA smile from SJ =)
Glad finally KC is immunized.Washing your hands often is a sensible thing to do...prevention is always better.
ReplyDeleteKC looks cute !!
Kay;
ReplyDeleteI have been trying for months to find this elusive H1N1 shot!
Was in line at our big arena downtown in the rain and they ran out of shots before they got to me.
They are trying this again this week, but it's a lot colder and snow is posible! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oh well, must be a reason that I haven't been able to get one yet.
So glad tha your little angel go one!!!
My grandchildren in small town Colorado finally got their H1N1 shots a couple of weeks ago, and I, too, am relieved.
ReplyDelete