Another piece of the furniture set we bought way back in August arrived yesterday. You have to be patient if you live in Hawaii. The bed arrived about a month ago. A bit later the nightstands arrived. A week ago the dresser and mirror arrived.
The dresser was bigger than we remembered. It was also heavy. The Homeworld delivery guys had a difficult time maneuvering the dresser up the bend in the stairs to the 2nd floor. Unfortunately, they gouged the handrail and broke the overlap stepnose of the stair landing.
That was very painful for Art because he really had a difficult time installing it.Homeworld was terrific! They called right away and told us they would send somebody out to look at the damages. Kenyon came over and said Homeworld would pay for the replacement part and he would install it.
Art called the flooring store where he bought Wilsonart laminate flooring 2 years ago. The sales associate said she would put in an order to set it aside for us.
Today, Kenyon went to pick it up but was initially told they didn't have it. They said Wilsonart was no longer going to make laminate flooring so it would be extremely hard to find a replacement part. Everyone was scrambling to buy pieces that they knew would no longer be manufactured.

Art went to the computer and checked the Wilsonart website. It said they would no longer be selling Wilsonart laminate flooring as of...get this... December 3rd!
In all the confusion, it turned out that because Art had called earlier when the accident occurred, the needed replacement part was indeed set aside for us. Wow!
Imagine if this accident had happened next month. This was a close call. Art told them he would install the part himself since he was familiar with the product.Kenyon had a surprise for us. It was a $50.00 gift card to use on our next purchase or on our previous purchase. This is why we've been buying our furniture at Homeworld. Maybe everybody else does this. I don't know. However, Homeworld has been awfully good about keeping their customers happy. On a small island where everybody knows somebody or is related to somebody, this is a good thing to do.
I'm happy. Art is happy (although he's got quite a bit of work to do now).
We have one more final piece of furniture arriving. Kenyon said perhaps we should wait on making repairs until after it's delivered.
Good idea.
Wow, that's service!
ReplyDelete-- K
I liked Home World and they certainly treated us well when we bought our bed.
ReplyDeleteOh no, more setbacks. Glad you knew how to figure it out.
ReplyDeleteAs our sages (I think from the Talmud) said,
"The more possessions, the more worries."
Hope at some stage everything will be in place, fixed, and nice for you to sit back and enjoy.
I agree with the above comments.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Kay, I want to commend you on creating such a pretty blog. At first, I missed the old format, but now that you've added the sky background, I must say it is very beautiful.
I would like to do something similar with mine, but am terrified of screwing up.
so glad you got the missing part.
ReplyDeleteIt warms my heart to hear about a store that values their customers. So often you hear the opposite!
ReplyDeleteI love the the clouds too.
Wow, that is very good service. Love your new bedroom set.
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! I'm a stickler for customer service having worked in it most of my life. These folks are par excellence!!! I'm happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteDina: The Talmud is certainly correct: "The more possessions, the more worries." I'll be glad once we get the last piece safely in the bedroom and be done with it.
ReplyDeleteAbout the blog design: I can't decide if I like the old format better or this one. I liked the partitions in this design because it neatly separates the posts, but I don't know if the cloud are too busy. I'm sure I'll tinker with this again someday.
It is nice to hear that there are some places that still have great customer service. I like you new piece of furniture. It is a great deal like mine. We both must have good taste. :)
ReplyDeletethere's so many things in this post, I had to read it over twice.
ReplyDeletethat narrow thread is what the trade refer to as a 'landing thread' to differentiate it from the rest of the steps. Did the delivery people remove the drawers from the dresser to lighten the load.
That's how you create loyal customers. Excellent service.
ReplyDeleteseems there's always something to be fix around your house-keeps your husband from getting bored...lol!
ReplyDeleteI love customer service like that -- and it seems to be rarer and rarer! What a close call (congratulations!)
ReplyDeleteRon: No, they didn't remove the drawers. They REALLY should have! I'm going to INSIST on it next time. I have a feeling it's going to take a while for Art to get himself motivated to do that landing thread.
ReplyDeleteGod and Buddha are both good. Lot of people have so much to be thankful for. It is the companies in business that are always on a teeter-totter. Sometimes they can go either way when it comes to taking care of their customers. People, and whole countries are the same way. As witness some of our wars. Enemies to the death one day and friends for life the next. I will check out Homeworld just for kicks.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my blogging buddies...
Patty, and Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio
Nice to hear a good customer service story....it is too often the bad service stories we hear.
ReplyDeletehello Kay~ it's good to hear that customer service worked for you and your family. i shudder to think what would have happened if this was delivered later. but glad you can get things repaired easily. waiting until after the next piece arrives is a great idea before starting repairs.
ReplyDeletethanks for your kind comment at my blog the other day. your kindness/ support is greatly appreciated. have a wonderful day.
Sorry about the mishap. Art's having to redo that piece would be like me having to replace the zipper I finally got right after three tries. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteIt's taken you awhile to get everything in place. True 'island time'. The anticipation of having new things arrive is fun, though.
I am so sorry about the damage, but at least they did the right thing and you had the supplies you needed...
ReplyDelete