Our kitchen faucet has been pretty leaky for quite a while. Art fixed it a couple of times before with rubber washer things but eventually, it began dripping again. There was a sweet spot that you had to hit in order to make it stop leaking. Unfortunately, there are times Mom is in a rush and hasn't managed to hit that spot.
Moving the sprayer from side to side was also a bit scary for me. It felt like I could break it.
Then we met Craig during one of our trips who happened to be a retired plumber. He lives quite close to us and offered to help install a new faucet.
Craig suggested getting a Hans Grohe which is a little pricey, but is sturdily built and all metal.
And there is a lifetime warranty.
Craig came over and gave Art some plumbing lessons while installing our new faucet.
It took a bit for Mom and me to get used to the new faucet.
It does move across sinks very easily and best of all, it doesn't leak.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this faucet will last forever...
Well... There is the lifetime warranty. Yay!
Moving the sprayer from side to side was also a bit scary for me. It felt like I could break it.
Then we met Craig during one of our trips who happened to be a retired plumber. He lives quite close to us and offered to help install a new faucet.
Craig suggested getting a Hans Grohe which is a little pricey, but is sturdily built and all metal.
And there is a lifetime warranty.
Craig came over and gave Art some plumbing lessons while installing our new faucet.
It took a bit for Mom and me to get used to the new faucet.
It does move across sinks very easily and best of all, it doesn't leak.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this faucet will last forever...
Well... There is the lifetime warranty. Yay!



It's very pretty, too. It looks almost like a sculpture. Hopefully it won't leak and your troubles are over! :-)
ReplyDeleteArt is sure getting a lot of lessons lately!
ReplyDeleteHandy guys to have around! The faucet looks very handy too.
ReplyDeleteVery useful looking. Modern and dramatic too.
ReplyDeleteNice addition to your kitchen.
ReplyDeletei love faucets like this. i have a similar one at my guest house and it works great!
ReplyDeleteI would love an entire new sink. The one here in this rental apartment is green and is obviously an antique. I hate it. It looks terrible. But our new landlady is determined not to spend any money on the rentals. I miss our old landlord who always took care of things when we needed them.
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks like you could open your window and water your lawn with that faucet!
ReplyDeleteMay you all enjoy it in good health for many years
ReplyDeleteHans Grohe is SUCH a good brand! We had bought one years ago at Costco because it was on close out and as I checked out with it, the cashier raved about it. Meanwhile we had 2 change outs on our kitchen faucet - with other name brands. We were careful to NOT get ones made in China because they really are inferior and fail after a few years. Then, when we had to replace our dishwasher, our plumber also put in the Hans Grohe kitchen faucet and WOW! It is really a quality faucet.
ReplyDeleteYour upgrades are wonderful.
It looks awesome Kay, very fashionable and attractive.
ReplyDeleteMore plumbing envy!
ReplyDeletelooks fashionable
ReplyDeleteIt's a beauty!
ReplyDeleteI like the looks of it! My sprayer is separate from the faucet, and I wish I had gotten one where the two are integrated.
ReplyDeleteI like life time warranty faucets. they are very good at honoring the waranty and will even give you help over the phone.
ReplyDeleteimpressive...seems like something is always wearing out in a house...our ac went on the blink but only needed freon gas for a bill of $300+ but it's cool and wonderful again just in time for our HOT SUMMER!
ReplyDeleteThat's a big fancy faucet. I see those in adds and on HDTV, but I don't quite understand the point of that height. Seems overmuch. I hope you like it.
ReplyDeleteI so love all your postings about your house, and all the things you do to make it better. This looks great.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are sure tackling all the plumbing issues these days.
ReplyDeleteThat is really an unusual looking faucet. Love how Art just tackles a project head on and does so well. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! I'm sure you'll love your upgrade! Sometimes you just have to pay for a bit of luxury. Plus, look how much you use this kind of thing!
ReplyDeleteOurs (not as nice as yours!) crapped out and we phoned. They sent a new one for free!
I just hope that flexible faucet doesn't get off its tether someday and give you and the house a good shpritzing! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys know such nice, helpful people. Well, I can see how they are attracted to you.