Monday, May 6, 2019

April 8th: World Porters

Uh oh...

Rain.

The forecast for rainier weather was proving to be correct.


When the weather settled to a drizzle, we donned our windbreakers and headed out to the World Porters shopping center. We thought it was really close by because we could see it from our hotel windows.

OK... it was close, but not next door. It was about a 15 minute walk.

And more cherry blossoms!


A lot of the cherry blossom petals had fallen with the rain.

World Porters has an amazing amount of Hawaiian stores.


There were also a lot of places offering gifts for children. I couldn't believe we were able to find the Sumikkogurashi items that my daughter said KC was loving right now. We got some for our grandsons as well. KC wanted the yellow ball with the orange ears. I thought it was a weird bunny. Would you believe it's a shrimp?

This adorable bathroom area for a young child was too wonderful!


We grabbed a quick udon (fat noodles) lunch there and visited more shops. The Hawaiian items were three times what you would pay in Hawaii. I had to take the photo of Dennis Goes Hawaiian for my brother, Dennis.


The sun came out for our walk back to our hotel. We saw a wedding taking place at a nearby church with musicians playing near still blossoming cherry trees.

After a pleasant dinner we returned to the hotel to find that we couldn't locate the train tickets my cousin had helped us get when we were in Tokyo 5 days ago. Arrrghhh! We searched everywhere. I knew I must have put it in a safe place... but where?

Arrrghhh....

16 comments:

  1. This part of the city does not look at all Japanese. It could have been Portland or Seattle when I first looked at your photos. I do really love that low angle shot with the blossoms scattered before the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition with he blossom shot. I like the petals on the ground. The one that goes with it is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a Ferris wheel in the background. You didn't go up in that?
    Not sure what the attraction is for those little lumpy figures.
    I know you must have found the tickets but you're are leaving us hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha . . . just couldn't help thinking it wouldn't be a Kay travelogue without the bathroom photos.

    I know all about those "safe places" to hide things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blossoms are amazing, I love that pint sized bathroom set up!! I really enjoyed your trip, every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've guessed the yellow ball to be a fat rooster. LOVE the little kids toilet area, wish we had them in the US. The blue rim of lights under the indoor tree looks really nice. Mahalo for taking us along! Linda in Kansas (too much rain here.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sumikkogurashi things remind me of the Pusheen characters my granddaughters love. I wonder if they are the same...Your photo with the cherry blossom petals on the ground is beautiful and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting mall! I hate when things go missing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wait with bated breath for the tickets to appear. That's an excellent marketing tool to interest Japanese tourist in visiting HI. The noodles look good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those "safe" places . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder where we put things when we don't want to lose them, and then they go missing! I love the pretty cherry blossoms through the rain. Just gorgeous pictures, Kay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous photos! Please follow my profile to find where my blog is now (back where it was, here in blogger.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traveling on your own can give many nervous moments. I hope you found the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was fun, and good luck finding the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess there will be a "rest of the story".

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.