This has been a very memorable, fun-filled summer. Our children and their families all arrived to celebrate my 70th birthday. The house was brimming over with children's laughter, happy voices and smiling faces for about a month. I'd been happily anticipating this for almost a year... and now it's over and we're slowly getting back to our normal schedules again.
The time I've been away from blogging has also been filled with lots of additional doctors' visits and coming to grips with the fact that I have permanently lost my sense of smell and much of my taste as well.
But there's lots to be grateful for and I was reminded of that as I spent precious time with my children and grandchildren.
Our daughter, Tiffany and family arrived first. Granddaughter, KC was such wonderful company and will be a bonafide teenager this year. Good grief! How did that happen?
Tiffany surprised me by bringing lots of party supplies from Illinois to insure a proper birthday celebration.
A week later, our son, Keola and family arrived.
The grandsons were bundles of energy, curiosity and full of constant exploration.
Yes, it's been an amazing summer... but I'm back and will starting writing again. I just have to get my brain in gear.
Have a wonderful, relaxing Labor Day everyone!
The time I've been away from blogging has also been filled with lots of additional doctors' visits and coming to grips with the fact that I have permanently lost my sense of smell and much of my taste as well.
But there's lots to be grateful for and I was reminded of that as I spent precious time with my children and grandchildren.
Our daughter, Tiffany and family arrived first. Granddaughter, KC was such wonderful company and will be a bonafide teenager this year. Good grief! How did that happen?
Tiffany surprised me by bringing lots of party supplies from Illinois to insure a proper birthday celebration.
A week later, our son, Keola and family arrived.
The grandsons were bundles of energy, curiosity and full of constant exploration.
Yes, it's been an amazing summer... but I'm back and will starting writing again. I just have to get my brain in gear.
Have a wonderful, relaxing Labor Day everyone!
welcome back kay! it must have been wonderful having everyone there. what a really special summer!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Kay, happy 70th, you look so young to be 70. That photo is a wonderful keepsake of you all together, so happy to see your mom in there.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, youngster! (I'm six years older than you.) Everyone looks so happy and healthy. I'm sorry to learn you have lost your sense of smell. Mine is impaired but still functions at least a little bit. :-)
ReplyDeleteGood to see that you're back. Glad you had a great birthday celebration...and that's a wonderful family photo.
ReplyDeleteA belated happy birthday. That one happens for me in Dec 2020! Not sure how it will be celebrated. How wonderful to have family together for a month. I count myself lucky to have had them together for a week and even then one son in law only got to spend the weekend with us; new job, no leave!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Ms Kay and belated happy birthday!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing a sweet family photo. You look a lot younger than your age, Ms Kay.
Lots to be grateful for! Your smile tells us that too! Lovely you got to see all the family this summer. My Aunt Gayle will be 70 this weekend, she is 8 years older than me but that is great, it meant she was 16 when I was 8, so I knew all the 60s music much better than the grade school friends I had, if you are what I mean! You know, music has always been a big part of my life. Anyway, take care and glad you are back blogging!😊
ReplyDeleteThose grandsons look like they would have kept you on your toes. Glad you got to have lots of grandchildren time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful family you have! Congratulations on your 70th birthday. You certainly do not look 70, by any means. Be well! I am so glad you are again blogging.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Kay. Looks like you had wonderful celebrations with your family.
ReplyDeleteHow very nice, utterly delightful to see you here again, Happy birthday. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteNow that is how to stretch out a birthday celebration. Way to go Kay and so pleased it was truly a happy one. KC a teen? Wow, time flies. Great shot of all the family. That is a keeper.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to have you back. Sounds like we both had memorable birthdays this summer. And what a houseful you had, while I sent all of my guests home or to someone else's house.
ReplyDeleteI am very happy for you for getting to spend so much time with your kids and precious grand kids. I can feel the love from way over here across the pond.
Welcome back. It seems the birthday was happy. So good to see so much family gathered.
ReplyDeleteWow you and Art are great looking for your age -- must be all the exercise and the activity! I'm so happy for you that everyone got together. I am sorry to hear about the loss of certain of your senses, but! you didn't really notice it, so maybe it's okay? WB to blogging! BB
ReplyDeleteWell happy birthday and that was a great celebration.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!!!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday-perfect time with all your family and loved ones around!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to have all the kids together in one house! I love the family photo here, so many of you. You obviously had a wonderful 70th birthday, dear Kay, so I'll wish you a happy 71st year starting now. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I've missed you, but I knew you'd be having fun with family and friends.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby turns 70 in November.
What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday milestone!
ReplyDeleteBummer about the sense of smell. Drats. (Presume you have working smoke detectors...)
Linda in Kansas