Monday, October 7, 2019

Frixion Pens?

When we were in Japan last summer and visited with my relatives, one of my cousins, "Ricky" gave a gift of Frixion pens to my granddaughter. He said they were erasable pens. I remembered the old somewhat erasable pens we had where the rough eraser would put a hole in the paper. But these Frixion pens were different.


Rubbing the eraser over the word produced heat which made the ink disappear. It was really remarkable.

When we went back to Japan this year, I bought more pens for myself to use on my planning calendar. I love it.

However, I thought different colors would work even better so I could color code my calendar notes. Red for birthdays, blue for anniversaries, black for appointments, etc.

I wasn't planning to take another trip to Japan soon, so I decided to look it up online, probably Amazon. Don't they have everything?


Instead, I was shocked to see that Walmart carried it under the Pilot brand!

And you know what?

It's cheaper than what I paid in Japan!

Warning: If you decide to get this, be aware that you shouldn't use it for journals, documents, etc. I suspect it isn't very permanent.

It is great for little notes, cards, doodling or calendars though. 

13 comments:

  1. Might be a cool idea for a stocking stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for these in Canada thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping it would work on cards. My handwriting has deteriorated so with age that I often mess up a card and can only line out. I will try it first to see if it will stay long enough on the card for the recipient to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pens of all kinds. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful. I bet I can get them at Staples right down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I'm glad to know you now can get as many as you need or want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm safe, Kay. That price is way out of my budget for a pen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New to me, but not something I need. My granddaughter would probably love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kay,
    When you first told me about the FriXin erasable pen, I immediately went to the Walmart in town but they hardly any school supplies left so I went to the one near Ala Moana Center and they didn’t have any, too. I also went to Daiso on Pensacola and they didn’t carry them. While vacationing in Washington State, I found them at a Daiso store near Alderwood Mall and I bought various colors and kids back-to-school notebooks to add to birthday and Christmas gifts.
    We had a wonderful family reunion. The weather was beautiful—sunny but cool and sometimes really cold. My son’s kids love the cold weather so much they took their jackets off! It rained on the day we left. We came home with no change in the weather. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy,
    I'm sorry you weren't able to find the Frixion pens at Walmart. They're also at the Shirokiya food court at Ala Moana and we even saw them at Sam's Club. However, I'm glad you found them in Washington state. I'm so happy you had such a great family reunion.

    By the way, the reason your comment didn't come out is because any comment written on a post more than a couple of days has to be authorized by me before it will be printed.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.