Thursday, February 27, 2020

$10,000 Corningware?

When we had our relatives over last month to welcome in the New Year, someone noticed the Corningware in which I'd placed the teriyaki chicken Art had grilled.


They excitedly told me how amazing it was that I had that old Corningware dish because they'd read it was worth $10,000.


"Nooooooo...." I said. "Not possible. Tons of people must have these old Corningwares."

Then they showed me this website.

Hmmm.... I was starting to dream what I could do with $10,000.

 Wow!


I looked through my cupboard and found these.


Then I saw this on ebay.

Wow! I had something like that too. I was thinking of putting my Corningware in a safety deposit box at the bank. Juuust kidding.

Then I texted my techie son-in-law who wrote back to me almost immediately.

He said he was excited too, buuuuut....

When he checked on it, he discovered a lot of Corningwares being sold online (very cheap) but more desirable ones had to be from a certain time period that you could discover by various markings under the handle or on the bottom. Here is the link to a website I found that explains it all.

So.... well....

It was fun while it lasted.

19 comments:

  1. Yes, fun while it lasted as I have that Corningware as well. But I can keep my eye out at all the re-sale shops here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the one in your last photo or at least it had that same decoration. I guess someone else is selling it for the big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quite a few of those but I doubt they are worth much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ours. I bought them for $30 at our local second hand shop. They are collectors items, to a certain extent. I'm sorry this didn't pan out for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my Corningware for shower and wedding presents, so I knew exactly how old it was. However, it was interesting to read about all of the changes the brand has made over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting I have old corningware.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean I made Goodwill rich when I moved to Arkansas?? Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter-in-law has my Mom's. I have a couple of them. The fall print pattern came out after the blue pattern. The person who buys the $10,000 one on eBay is the one losing lots of money....Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooooo! Got me excited! (Glad I'm able to post comments again. Hadn't been able to recently.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that's a good way to tell a story. We have lots of corning ware so I will check my cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The corning mixing bowls are the ones worth lots of money if you have a full set. I broke one of ours and replaced it with a different design and that one lone bowl cost $20! I have been told by antique dealers that a full,complete set in one design is worth $500.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did the right thing looking deeper. Wish everyone did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. too much work to dig them out to check. I have one of my mom's but never use it as we rarely have casseroles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, since I don't have any Corningware, I guess I don't have to wonder if I would have been a millionaire if I'd kept them from long ago. Sorry you didn't "win," Kay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never owned that brand, but my mother did. Wondering what happened to that. I got rid of several crystal ashtrays to the thrift shop and found out later they were worth about $30 each.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ll have to check that link you provided as I have several pieces of Corning Ware — still use it and love it still.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to know about the Corning Ware link as I have quite a few pieces I still use.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.