Best Buy scheduled repair guys very quickly to fix the little uneven refrigerator door problem. They don't remove that protective plastic covering because they try to limit touching anything during the pandemic.
One thing I love about Hawaii is that service people always remove their shoes before entering anyone's home. It's just understood.
The guys assured us that it was going to be an easy fix. And it was. I think it only took about 15 minutes. He loosened or tightened the door hinge and leveled the doors. He then unscrewed and matched the uneven door handles.
I noticed that one of the guys' mask kept falling off his nose so I gave them both a black mask I'd made.
A couple days later, my eagle eye brother stopped by and admired our new fridge. However, he noticed right away that the handles now matched but the space between the freezer door and the refrigerator door was wider at the top than the bottom. Sliiiightly... Ah well... Not everything in life can be totally perfect.
He told us that my sister-in-law absolutely loves having that ice dispenser so they can't get a fridge like ours. The thing is, when we stopped replacing that ice maker, I got used to making our own ice. It took me a few days to remember to open the door to get more ice from the container I set up, but I'm OK with it now.
The other nice thing is that once Art disconnected the water tubing leading to the freezer, we actually had more space in the back so that the fridge could be pushed further toward the wall which made it even better. It's extremely difficult to get a counter depth fridge and more expensive.
I'm also remembering that when we lived on the mainland, there was a leak in the fridge water line so water got under our maple floors and warped it. This is why we opted for tile in our kitchen this time. Anyway, now we don't have to worry about fridge leaks or breaking ice makers.
I just want the darn appliance to keep things cold. I wonder how long it will last. 😬
I studied your brother measurements and do not see any problem. This goes back to using an imprecise tape measure versus a meter ruler.. For precise measurements we must use the metric system.
ReplyDeleteOk, I was a bit surprised that Art didn't fix it for you but glad Best Buy did. It takes an eagle eye to see the difference in the spacing. Enjoy that new fridge. Looking good.
ReplyDeleteWe were dead set on a countertop depth refrigerator when we redid our kitchen a year and a half ago. Fortunately our cabinet designer talked us away from that due to the cost and lack of models to choose from if we ever have to replace it. Instead, the section of cabinets where the refrigerator is located is moved out from the wall to make our regulation size refrigerator appear cabinet depth. After using it that way for the last 18 months, I know we made the right choice.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That was such a great idea. Our designer was NOT very good. But then, I’ve looked at our kitchen many times and I don’t know another way we could have easily done that.
DeleteWell . . . as long as they watch their toes while they're moving that heavy fridge around!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the new frig...we have replaced our icemaker for $300 once since we got our new frig and it is so noisy!
ReplyDeleteWell, that was an easy fix, thank goodness. I am not sure how one might fix that miniscule difference in the doors, so I'm glad you let it go. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is gorgeous. So glad that making ice is easy. No ice here, darn it.
ReplyDeleteYou two should have your own show on HGTV! Aloha to Mom
ReplyDeleteYou want your fridge to keep things cold and hold lots.
ReplyDeleteSo many things we notice only because we know of their existence. It's a beautiful fridge!
ReplyDeleteIt will probably be an easy fix to equal out the gap. The technicians won't mind coming out again because they are on the clock anyway. And they will remember you as the nice lady who gave them a mask.
ReplyDeleteHopefully it lasts a good while.
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty quick fix
ReplyDeleteIt looks good. I'm glad the fix was easy. Don't "mind the gap".:-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you got this fixed.
ReplyDeleteThe refrigerator that came with our condo has in-door ice and water capabilities....but no water line running to it! I have no idea what the previous owner was thinking. The ice reservoir takes up a huge amount of space inside the freezer. It would be nice to replace it, but we don't really want to spend the money right now.
ReplyDeleteEvery fridge I've had, the ice maker and water supply were problematic. Plus, my grandchildren kept breaking the dispensers. Just not worth the expense.
ReplyDeleteLooks great, but...hmmmm I'd have the guys come back to fix the spacing between the doors. I don't know how much of the seal is contacting the fridge. Wondering if that spacing could cause less cooling. Jeepers, is the door made squared on the corners? And I'm sure they'd love another of your dandy masks!
ReplyDeleteOr.....an auto body shop could line up the spacing because they do it all the time to car doors and the jamb of the body. I'm rambling. My brain is thawing from our negative temps; we got over 32 today! Linda in Kansas
Oddly enough, I just thought and wondered about your fridge door this morning for some strange reason.
ReplyDeleteI hear you. Sometimes close counts! Good work on the masks. Our peeps usually take off their shoes when they enter. Mind you, it's always snowy, these days...
ReplyDeleteHi There, Sounds like you are doing fine in Hawaii.... Oh how I'd love to be there now. It's been very cold and snowy and icy here since the first of Feb... I'm ready for some sunshine and warm temps....
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your new fridge fixed so easily.... Looks good!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
We have an ice maker. We have never hooked it up.
ReplyDelete