October 17, 2013 Thursday
Thursday was a typically busy day for us. We met our friends, Steve and Linda for breakfast in town. Steve and Art worked together at the U.S. E.P.A. for many years. We caught up on all the happenings since we saw them last year.
Tiffany then drove us to Oak Park to pick up race packets for the Frank Lloyd Wright 10K race that was to be held on the following Sunday.
Tiffany had signed up for herself and Art. However, because of Art's possible heart difficulties, he decided to take the cardiologist's advice and sit this race out. Tif was disappointed, but her friend, Jane agreed to run for him.
That evening, Tiffany went out to dinner with Jane while we babysat KC.
Thursday was a typically busy day for us. We met our friends, Steve and Linda for breakfast in town. Steve and Art worked together at the U.S. E.P.A. for many years. We caught up on all the happenings since we saw them last year.
Tiffany then drove us to Oak Park to pick up race packets for the Frank Lloyd Wright 10K race that was to be held on the following Sunday.
Tiffany had signed up for herself and Art. However, because of Art's possible heart difficulties, he decided to take the cardiologist's advice and sit this race out. Tif was disappointed, but her friend, Jane agreed to run for him.
We then drove around Oak Park looking at all the houses Frank Lloyd Wright designed.
Many of the homes were quite beautiful and you could see details of the famous architect's style. The runners would be passing many of these homes during their race.
After that we visited a Spice house and had lunch at Potbellies.
We got home with time to spare before we had to meet our granddaughter, KC at school and take her to her tap dancing lesson.
That evening, Tiffany went out to dinner with Jane while we babysat KC.
Jane had sent gorgeous flowers to thank us for supporting her during her Chicago Marathon.
KC was getting really excited about Halloween so we helped her decorate the house to her satisfaction.
And that was Thursday!





Those are elegant homes and beautiful flowers. What a full day! :-)
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to see the Wright houses in Oak Park, but the closest I've come is the Dana-Thomas House in Springfield, Illinois
ReplyDeleteWright's head on the rock looks strange.
ReplyDeleteThat was a very good Thursday. I personally love most of Mr. Wright's work, but my mother hated him. She did design deco buildings, but Wright was an anathema to her.
ReplyDeletehe certainly had an amazing talent
ReplyDeleteNice tour. ♥ thanks
ReplyDeleteI appreciated seeing the Wright houses. Art was wise to take his doctor's advise. I hope all is well now.
ReplyDeleteGlad Art is following orders and hope this is just a temporary set back for him as he seems to so enjoy those races.
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to see the home he did called Fallingwater. Such a talent.
I understand the rooms in the FLW homes are rather small and few closets. No sour grapes or anything.
ReplyDeleteI have heard that there are aspects of the homes that are not exactly perfect. :-)
DeleteBlessings....nice houses, i especially like the first one.
ReplyDeletehave a great week
beautiful homes!
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy . . . the houses are splendid.
ReplyDeletenever a dull moment on your trip...
ReplyDeleteNice tour. I think there's Wright house in Kansas City. Glad Art's taking the doctor's advice; hope the rest does him well. DrumMajor
ReplyDeleteThe next step is for him to use a Holter monitor so they can get a better idea of the problem. I hope they find out it's OK because he's really missing running.
DeleteVery envious of your architecture tours. I have not visited a single Frank Lloyd Wright house!! You are having such a lovely visit, I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThose houses seem almost conventional until I look carefully at them,and then they look odd. My favorite domestic architect is Bernard Maybeck. There are a lot of his houses in Berkeley and a couple of churches I remember.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that Art could not run. That must be hard. Heart trouble is a bummer.
I love the homes there. Each have different designs. Individual taste and very spacious.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Art having to forgo his run this time. The houses are fascinating, wish I could have seen that tour but loved this virtual one. Those flowers are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. Lovely virtual trip!
ReplyDeleteThat was a full day! I didn't realize Art had a heart issue. Sorry to hear he had to sit out the race.
ReplyDeleteI am very interested in Frank Lloyd Wright designs. We spent a half day touring Taliesin West in Phoenix several years ago and loved it. Those houses are beautiful. Too bad his furniture is better to look at than to sit on and his homes were not very practical.