Some days are really gifts you treasure. This was one of them. It was Art's birthday.
The morning began with a mall walk with my zumba friends. Irene brought all of us some butter mochi to share which was delicious!
Art and I then went to Anna Miller's for a free birthday breakfast. Everybody was so extra friendly that a smile just couldn't seem to leave our faces.
We stopped at a craft shop to buy a cardstock and envelope pack for my new card making hobby. The salesperson laughed and joked with us while we made our purchase.
On the way to the bank, an older woman leaning heavily on a cane as she ambled slowly along stopped us. She told us how happy she was to see us walking together. Her husband had passed away 6 years ago and seeing us reminded her of what it was like with her husband.
At the bank, our teller was full of smiles and easy conversation.
Our next stop at the supermarket had us bumping into our neighbor who laughed at being caught with three boxes of ice cream novelties. We'd taken him to and from the hospital two days before and it was nice to see him so recovered after his surgery.
The next stop was Sam's Club. There was a handicapped lady in a scooter who needed some assistance. Art and I helped get her, the scooter and a walker into the elevator. Once at the parking lot, she needed further help getting to the Handi-van stop. Art took our groceries to the car while I pushed her walker. I then needed to help push her and the scooter up the little ramp which was trickier than I thought it was going to be. I saw Art's eyebrows go up when he saw me huffing and puffing, but I managed before he could cross the street. She was very grateful which just made me feel wonderful! The little twinge in my back subsided by the next day.
Walmart was the next stop and Art finally found the watermelon he was looking for.
Then there were the Skype calls from our daughter and son. Everyone was full of laughter and well wishes.
Dinner was at Kabuki restaurant. There was way too much food, but all the servers were in such a good mood. It may have been because we were the first patrons.
There are some days that are good and some days that are incredibly special just because everything seems to fall into place. We didn't bump into any grumpy people.
The day seemed full of rainbows which did indeed greet us at the end of the day.
It can't get better than this.
The morning began with a mall walk with my zumba friends. Irene brought all of us some butter mochi to share which was delicious!
Art and I then went to Anna Miller's for a free birthday breakfast. Everybody was so extra friendly that a smile just couldn't seem to leave our faces.
We stopped at a craft shop to buy a cardstock and envelope pack for my new card making hobby. The salesperson laughed and joked with us while we made our purchase.
On the way to the bank, an older woman leaning heavily on a cane as she ambled slowly along stopped us. She told us how happy she was to see us walking together. Her husband had passed away 6 years ago and seeing us reminded her of what it was like with her husband.
At the bank, our teller was full of smiles and easy conversation.
Our next stop at the supermarket had us bumping into our neighbor who laughed at being caught with three boxes of ice cream novelties. We'd taken him to and from the hospital two days before and it was nice to see him so recovered after his surgery.
The next stop was Sam's Club. There was a handicapped lady in a scooter who needed some assistance. Art and I helped get her, the scooter and a walker into the elevator. Once at the parking lot, she needed further help getting to the Handi-van stop. Art took our groceries to the car while I pushed her walker. I then needed to help push her and the scooter up the little ramp which was trickier than I thought it was going to be. I saw Art's eyebrows go up when he saw me huffing and puffing, but I managed before he could cross the street. She was very grateful which just made me feel wonderful! The little twinge in my back subsided by the next day.
Walmart was the next stop and Art finally found the watermelon he was looking for.
Then there were the Skype calls from our daughter and son. Everyone was full of laughter and well wishes.
Dinner was at Kabuki restaurant. There was way too much food, but all the servers were in such a good mood. It may have been because we were the first patrons.
There are some days that are good and some days that are incredibly special just because everything seems to fall into place. We didn't bump into any grumpy people.
The day seemed full of rainbows which did indeed greet us at the end of the day.
It can't get better than this.

Well, you and Art deserve most of your days to be like this one. And on top of having had a perfect day, it's been spread through the blogosphere to brighten other days, including mine! Happy birthday, Art! And you're right: it doesn't get much better than the day you described. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, Art! Wishing you all the best and a lot of days like this one.
ReplyDelete"Happy Birthday Art....what a wonderful day," she says smiling.
ReplyDeleteNow Kay, will you please tell us what all those wonderful looking foods are in the last photo. The small bowls too. Thank you. :)
OK... Here goes: Misoyaki butterfish, several kinds of sashimi, vegetable and shrimp tempura, miso soup, different sauces, tsukemono (pickled veggies) and a small salad.
DeleteYeah, some days are better than others.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday and big aloha to Art.
Happy Birthday to Art! I'm so glad you had this special day together!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Art. Yes, some days are perfect. birthdays always should be. Looking forward to more about your card making hobby.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to one of the finest men around!
ReplyDeleteYou both spread good vibes and everybody loves you for it
Happy birthday, Art! It must have been the smiles on your faces that put everyone in a good mood! What a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful birthday! You are beautiful people, so glad the day was fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday ART!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day!!!!
Great post! What a lovely day for hour Birthday Boy and you!
ReplyDeleteHip hip hooray for rainbow days.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect day. Happy birthday to Art, a fellow Leo!
ReplyDeleteOh, I need a day like that, when everyone is thoughtful and pleasant, and everything goes as it is supposed to. I have been the grumpy one lately, with things on my mind. Maybe I need to fix myself first in order to have that kind of day.
ReplyDeleteHow joyful!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a super birthday day. Happy birthday Art!
ReplyDeleteI"m glad you had a glorious day. :)
ReplyDeleteA special wonderful day, hurray! May you have many many more as you continue to share your joy!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww . . . awesome day. Happy belated, Art!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a special birthday for a special man! Happy birthday Art!!!! You are all so blessed. Love, Holly
ReplyDeleteHi Holly! Art says, "Thank you very much!"
DeleteMany Happy Returns...Love from Europe
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Art! What a great day you had and I feel good reading this post. A good start to my day. Thank you Kay!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year of life, dear Art! May all your days be as happy as this one.
ReplyDeleteA perfect day. I am willing to bet you both started out with big smiles on your faces and passed them along to everyone you met all day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Art. Your happiness was seriously contagious. Not only did you have a great day but so did everyone you came in contact with. What a wonderful day. See if you can start a streak and continue it each day. We need more of such stories.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Anna Miller's but I see they don't exist outside of Hawaii and Japan
ReplyDeleteOh that is a lovely day and well deserved.... Hugs to you both.... Michelle
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday to your husband. I'm glad he had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what butter mochi is but sounds delicious!