Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Bad Things In Life

My friend, Jean sent me a Forwarded Mail with pictures suggesting how to have a better life. Yesterday was one of them. Here's another.


Isn't this the truth? Then again, I don't think they mean the REALLY bad things in life.

Art is having a molar implant done. I don't think it's totally painless and he'll have a week of liquid diet. He is not excited about it to say the least.

This makes me stop to be appreciative of the fact that right this minute, my teeth are not causing me any pain. I don't have an insect bite causing me an aggravating itch. I'm not suffering from a cold or flu. I have a roof over my head and food in my refrigerator, not to mention ice in my freezer.

OK... It's still hot, humid and uncomfortable but I'm content.

Besides, I'm going to turn on the fan right now.

27 comments:

  1. Ha! I have plenty to be thankful for, but right now I'm suffering from a painful blepharitis (stye) in my eye and can't seem to think of anything else. I guess I should be glad my teeth aren't acting up like Art's. I decided once I lose my back molar, it can stay gone. It won't impact my ability to eat by much. Many elderly people begin to lose their teeth in their seventies, my dentist says. A molar implant is a good idea if you're willing to pay the price! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My teeth are fine but I'm covered in bites from blackberry picking. I will appreciate my teeth rather than moan about the bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying so hard to hang on to my teeth. Take my calcium and get them cleaned twice a year. Hubby gets his cleaned four times a year. It costs but less than having to lose our teeth! There are far worse things we can face than dental work, though, as we all know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to Art for his dental procedure. Right now I am dealing with plantar fasciitis but when I think of people I know who have to deal with chronic pain daily, everything gets put in perspective. Hope you get some of those lovely cooling sea breezes soon. I always wilt when it is humid. Yesterday was our first cool day and I made a pot of soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kermit has the right of it. So do you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a liquid diet? That sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Art. He has a fine caregiver of a wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun--depending on the liquid maybe!
    I have to be careful to stop and give thanks these days so I don't burn myself out on the aggravations of moving. i went to yoga even though I was thinking I was too tired last night and it was the best thing I could have done..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading trivial things of life written with such a smooth flow of words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We certainly do have things to be thankful for. Even the implant has a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's truly the secret of a happy life, I think -- to ponder every day the things we are grateful for instead of focusing on the other stuff. Today I am grateful for less humidity and s breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope he feels better soon, and glad that YOU are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to looking at the good things in life Kay, and good luck to Art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a lot to be thankful for and I am aware of that. For instance I am very thankful for my good health at almost 80 years of age..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to laugh today because today's post was perfect. In the morning after I put on my eyeliner, my left eye felt as if it was dry so I grabbed a little eye drop bottle and managed to get one of the several drops in my eye. It instantly felt better, but it felt "fuzzy", so I blinked and blinked and tried to wipe (without taking off my eyeliner) my left eye.

    I also noticed that everything was blurry through my left eye, even with glasses. Oh oh, I thought. I used a magnifying mirror to find the culprit and then noticed that my left pupil was hugely dilated! What happened?!?

    Turns out, the eye drops that I used were Atropine Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution, used by eye doctors to dilate the pupils so they can see into our eyeballs. No wonder everything was blurry!

    It has had me chuckling today as I go around with one fuzzy eye. It now makes me appreciate the good, a true eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention about those eye drops. Many years ago I used a new bottle of some red eye removing drops and noticed later that I was getting blurry, weird vision at the corner of my eye. I even went to the ophthalmologist and he could see the problem, but never figured out what the remedy was. It went away in a couple of days and I never used the drops again. I now stick to Refresh.

      Delete
    2. My left eye is still dilated today - so weird! I looked it up and this effect can last up to 2 weeks, yikes! It is going to be an interesting week and I am glad that my right eye is still normal. It is funny.

      Delete
  16. That's a nice list of things to be thankful for. Good luck to Art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When you got to insect bites, I had to stop and say, yes, me too. I have been plagued all summer with insect bites of one kind or another, some that last more than a week. Right now, no itching! Yay.
    Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, lots to be grateful for when we use the right thought process. Fans -- what would life be like without those?

    ReplyDelete
  19. May the procedure be painless and fast! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes we do need some rain to appreciate the sunshine. Hope the implant goes well and you can find some yummy liquids for Art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kay, I hope Art is doing ok after the implant! Yes, we all do need to be reminded how wonderful our life is sometimes :)!!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.