Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Making My Mocha

One of my vices is a morning mocha with my cereal or oatmeal breakfast. I just add a little chocolate milk to my coffee that Art always keeps ready for me in a coffee jug in the fridge.

Unfortunately, I goofed and didn't use up the chocolate milk fast enough this time. I did this once before and froze it in an ice cube tray to keep it from going bad. I then added the chocolate milk cubes to my coffee. It didn't work well. When the chocolate milk melted, it seemed to have separated and didn't look appetizing. It also wouldn't melt fast enough for me to have my mocha.


This time, I wondered what would happen if I put the coffee and chocolate milk ice cubes into the NutriBullet to make it into a mocha smoothie.

Although there was a bit too much foam this time, it was really great. Yay!

18 comments:

  1. I like my coffee unsweetened, but this really looks rather good to me anyway! You are definitely an enterprising sould, Kay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one giant jug of sugared coffee, and that keeps me going all day. Mocha is a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks interesting though I'm not a coffee drinker, I love hot mint chocolate milk....sugar free of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how can you manage all this BEFORE you are awake from the morning coffee?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to keep my coffee and my chocolate separate. Just never acquired a taste for the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister could not exist without her Nutribullet. Coffee, however, would never pass her lips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that does look delicious, Kay!! I wish I had a cup right now!! It's cold and gray and wet here and anything "hot" would taste great and be appreciated!! Hope you have a great Holiday week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay greatr idea. Merry Christmas for you and yours from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, some things don't freeze very well,but a good mocha always hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freezing any milk always causes it to separate for me and I don't like those little floaty things in my cup,me en if they taste fine. Maybe I'll give it a whirl with the blender next time and see if that helps.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you, Miss Resourceful. You drink this cold, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's what I hate about making stuff. Adding too much or too little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like cream (the heavy stuff) in my morning coffee and also froze some cubes because I would waste most of the cream in the carton. It was so blah from the frozen state and I couldn't figure out why. I should learn to drink black coffee but something about cream in coffee makes it divine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only in a tropical climate would you be enjoying your coffee iced!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.