After such a wonderful summer reunion, it was sad to say goodbye to everyone again. When we returned to the house after dropping off our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, KC at the airport we looked at our empty rooms and was feeling a little melancholy. Our son and his family had left the week before.
I went to my computer and was surprised to find this note on my mouse.
KC had left a few notes for us last year and I'd kept some of them in place until they returned. I didn't expect her to do this again. I guess she wanted to make sure we would not be sad missing them.
Then I saw this on my nightstand. I texted KC since I knew she hadn't boarded the plane yet. "There's lots more," she texted back.
Art found this on his computer desk.
When I went downstairs, this was next to the Echo dot. KC had been making sure we answered the Question of Day from "Alexa" everyday.
I found this note in the drawer of my nightstand.
What a surprise when I reached in to get toothpaste from the medicine cabinet!
Several day later, I went to Zumba with my friend, Diane and found this:
It was inside my workout bag!
When I turned the page to my desktop planner a few days later I found this note laying in wait for me.
This made me laugh out loud! I wasn't sure where else she might have hidden more notes.
In fact, when I looked into the linen closet a week after they left, I found this sitting on top of the towels.
I even found one in the vegetable bin of the refrigerator.
I think all of her notes have been discovered by now... but then again, I'm not 100% positive. I have a very smart granddaughter. I have a most wonderful, loving granddaughter.
I went to my computer and was surprised to find this note on my mouse.
KC had left a few notes for us last year and I'd kept some of them in place until they returned. I didn't expect her to do this again. I guess she wanted to make sure we would not be sad missing them.
Then I saw this on my nightstand. I texted KC since I knew she hadn't boarded the plane yet. "There's lots more," she texted back.
Art found this on his computer desk.
When I went downstairs, this was next to the Echo dot. KC had been making sure we answered the Question of Day from "Alexa" everyday.
I found this note in the drawer of my nightstand.
What a surprise when I reached in to get toothpaste from the medicine cabinet!
Several day later, I went to Zumba with my friend, Diane and found this:
It was inside my workout bag!
When I turned the page to my desktop planner a few days later I found this note laying in wait for me.
This made me laugh out loud! I wasn't sure where else she might have hidden more notes.
In fact, when I looked into the linen closet a week after they left, I found this sitting on top of the towels.
I even found one in the vegetable bin of the refrigerator.
I think all of her notes have been discovered by now... but then again, I'm not 100% positive. I have a very smart granddaughter. I have a most wonderful, loving granddaughter.









How clever of her! And sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and thoughtful girl! So cute. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteThat's very cute and clever.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that lovely?!
ReplyDeletehow sweet-bet she missed you too.
ReplyDeleteOk tears in my eyes at this super thoughtfulness. It really shows her love.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a fantastic, loving kid!!!! In this day of texts, hand written notes are so very special and then to hide them all around the house. Takes time, thought and more than a few thumb strokes. She is a keeper.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Glad she left such loving evidence of her visit.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! And how much she loves you all!
ReplyDeleteAwww so precious. Great post to start the weekend.
ReplyDeleteDe
You are blessed! And you have shared that wonderful feeling with us all. Bless you and your Ohana.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie!!
ReplyDeletethis is simply one of the sweetest things i've ever heard. you guys are so lucky to have each other!
ReplyDeletethat kid has a great sense of humor. It's always bitter sweet when the kids leave after a visit. It's terribly quiet after the noise of extra people.
ReplyDeleteThis is so neat and endearing. I forget the question of the day more often than not.
ReplyDeleteThat’s so sweet of your granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful young girl. So special!
ReplyDeleteAwww.... such a sweet thing to do. All those notes everywhere, and I'll bet there are still a few more to discover. She's such a good person! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is too sweet. I think she is very observant and astute. And thoughtful and charming. And a lot more adjectives, adverbs and gerunds.
ReplyDeleteI love this. How wonderfully thoughtful KC is. She certainly found a way to sweeten the departure and separation.
ReplyDeleteA very dear and thoughtful child.
ReplyDeleteSo precious!
ReplyDeleteHow really magic all those notes are.
ReplyDeleteThis is just so good :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
LOVE THIS!!!
ReplyDelete