Friday, March 13, 2020

Have You Ever Heard of a 4D Puzzle?

I am not a puzzle person. My granddaughter on the other hand loves to do puzzles of every kind. When we visited in February, our daughter, Tiffany suggested we all do a puzzle together.


4D Puzzle?

Tif said something about it being a two layered puzzle.

What?

Ah well, I decided to just sit back and watch them start.

892 puzzle pieces?  And they're so tiny...


Eventually, curiosity got to me and I joined in to complete the first layer. Sigh... I thought we were done.



However, the following night Tif said we were going to do the second layer.

What? There was another package of tiny puzzle pieces?

The second layer was placed right on top of the first.


We really needed the picture to figure out how to do this.


Once we finished the 2nd layer, would you believe we weren't done? Good grief! You had to put plastic houses, forts, etc. on top of the 2nd layer!


It took two days to finish, but finish we did. I'm glad Art and I left before they took it apart. I was all for gluing it together so it could never be taken apart.

Do you like doing puzzles? Have you ever done a layered puzzle?

And what is 4D anyway?

21 comments:

  1. My answers:

    No
    No
    I don’t know.

    🤓

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. My mom and I used to do puzzles in the winter time but I got out of the habit over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad used to do puzzles. I like them. I like Yam's online puzzles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of 4D puzzles. Looks good. I don’t have the patience for puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like puzzles or used to before the internet took all my time...lol! My grandmother and I used to do them together and I've done some simple ones with my grandchildren in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool! I have a friend (my age) who's into puzzles big-time, showed her this & she says she never heard of it, but is excited now. Thanks for sharing Kay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your granddaughter's braids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had heard of them but my cat makes doing puzzles a joke. I think you are right, they should have used Mod Podge to preserve that puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of them but I don't like puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love jig saw puzzles but I've never heard of layered puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find puzzles daunting, and that one would be triple daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard of them, but never have them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to pull the table in from the screen porch in the winter and put a puzzle on it to do. Since moving here I haven't done any except for one while we were vacationing last summer. There are a handful of residents who work jointly on a puzzle in the winter garden. Never seen a 3-D puzzle though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love doing puzzles but haven't found the time or space to do them recently. I have several boxes of puzzles to do! And now our local library has puzzle borrowing without due dates!

    It is actually one of my favorite things to do, besides gardening and creating things. I listen to books on tape (CDs) that I borrow from the library and can spend hours immersed in it. Never tried a 4d puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never heard of 4D puzzles. Seems like all the work to create the first layer gets hidden by the second layer. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. A lot of the work you do on the first layer is covered. But I have to say it was fun to work on it together.

      Delete
  16. I am not a puzzle fan, and I had never heard of a 4D puzzle before. Looks like it was a successful project, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Layered puzzle sounds like something I'd like to tackle. Going to look into it when I complete my latest, and probably my last, needlepoint project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry. I wish you could still do all those things like you used to also.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not seen this type of puzzle before …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.