Monday, September 19, 2022

Weird Blogspot Problem... Again.

Looks like Blogspot is having ANOTHER problem. I've tried to check on several bloggers' websites (on my sidebar) and have gotten this weird thing showing up.


This is worrisome. I hope my blog is not showing up like this when you come to visit me. 
I saw this right now when I clicked on Red's Hiawatha House.

But then I checked his website address and it was showing up as:
http://hiawathahouse.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

What the heck!
So I took away the feeds/posts/default and it took me to the proper site.


So then... I'm thinking... could something have gone awry with MY Layout. Maybe I should redo Red's (and others) addresses on my Sidebar Layout.

I clicked on Design and then Layout and got this.

Dang it!

Sigh...

I guess I'll just have to wait until Blogger technicians fix whatever went goofy!  Sheesh!

POSTSCRIPT:

Dang it! I tried to manually fix the problem on Layout by removing that "feeds/posts/default" the day before so I could click on the link and not get that HTML mess. So now that Google has fixed the problem everything was still at the bottom. Arrrghhh... Even though I could access the site. Soooo.... now this morning, I had to UNDO everything I did and put back that "feeds/posts/default" addition. Now it works properly again. This will teach me to just be patient and wait for the Google techies to fix the problem eventually.

30 comments:

  1. I am reading of blogger issues today, and yours and others are taking awhile to load. That could be my own internet though. It likes to take naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this over the weekend. DJan's Eye on the Edge didn't appear on my blog roll, I know she does a new one Sunday mornings. And I googled it, I got that same screen of HTML code. Well Kay, your new blog here isn't showing up either. I had to Google this one a couple times. I used to love Blogger, but ever since Google acquired it several years ago they have damaged it, stripped it of all the widgets blogger used to have, and worst of all they dismantled Bloggers wonderful Template Builder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Apache Dug!! Google has ruined it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't noticed that yet. I did have trouble loading my reading list this morning but it seems to have straightened out. We can't say Blogger isn't a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen any blogs come up in that weird HTML form like in your image. That's the kind of thing I suspect could happen with a messed-up URL, but my links to blogs are in a very manual form and probably couldn't be messed up by a Blogger glitch. However, like Anvilcloud, I've been finding some blogs very slow to load for the last couple of days. It's not my internet connection because only Blogger blogs are affected, not Wordpress or Tumblr or other platforms.

    It probably is indeed some kind of glitch at Goggle/Blooger. In my experience they usually get these things fixed eventually. I suppose reporting it wouldn't do any harm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the same wonderful page of nonsense when I try your blog too Kay. But when I strip away the extras like you did, I can at least get to it. Unlike you, I've been able to go into Layout and try fixing the URL to your blog and others but if it does, it is only temporary and reverts back again. I suspect the slow speeds of accessing blogs is also part of whatever problem so I'm going to wait for now until speeds resume and see if the feeds are fixed at that point. I did take this opportunity and weed out my blog roll of a dozen or more blogs that have been defunct for way too many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get to the Layout page this morning and changed the URLs to remove the feeds default thing. But when I saved it, it went back to the old URL WITH the feeds default. So then I changed it to the URL AS IS. Now I can access the blogs BUT they don't show when it was posted and in the order they were posted. Aggravation!

      Delete
  7. Kay, your blog came up on my reading list OK. DJan's doesn't for some reason. I can access it by actually looking for her blog on the list of All blogs, but she always came up on my reading list before. And occasionally I've noticed that my comments on some blogs don't publish... maybe they go to Spam?? I think Blogger is having another glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin Floyd says I'm still anonymous but your blog came up okay...always some blogging challenge but we keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find I come up as Anonymous when I use my iPhone or iPad, BUT when I use my desktop computer with Windows, I come up with my usual name.

      Delete
  9. This post took a while to load. Although I have a blogroll, I visit blogs through feedly. I haven't encountered that issue...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine was acting up and would not let me reach my usual list of other bloggers that I follow. Similar problms have happened in the past and it was always on the weekend and beter by Monday evening. Mine is working fine again here on Monday afternoon. Knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I've tried refreshing the page for new blogs I end up having to create a new tab to access in the last couple of days. Otherwise I'm getting effectively a blank page. I know there are some regular posters like DJan and Tom whose posts aren't updating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogspot is not for the faint of heart. However... it's where most of my blogger friends are.

      Delete
  12. It's a pain, but it is free... so I guess we have to be patient. Sorry for your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've no clue what you're referring to in this techno blog entry. But, it is taking longer for your blog to come up than in the past. Used to take 1-2 seconds; now it's taking 15 seconds sometimes? Maybe blogs have signs of aging too.?! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm noticing some blogs are taking longer to load too. I'm afraid Google/Blogspot is having some kind of glitch in their system right now. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

      Delete
    2. Today, Tuesday, September 20, everything loads quickly as before. Hope stuff at your system fixes itself. Linda B.

      Delete
  14. I'm thinking DJan might not have posted, but that does make me worry. I tried going back and looking for an old post, but on old posts I got that same gobbletegook you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get that crazy HTML thing on DJan's blog, just remove "feeds/posts/default" from the URL address at the top and it will bring you to her post.

      Delete
  15. I have noticed a sharp decline in readers. Maybe I shouldn't look for the other problems. Hopefully blogger will fix it or some wise man/woman will come up with a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This morning when I logged on, I noticed blogger was back to normal speed. Checking my blog roll and suddenly everyone but one, is back to normal. The only blog that I read at the bottom of my list is Honolulu Aunty. Not sure why only her blog remains at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to fix Honolulu Aunty's blog. I think in my attempts to find a solution this weekend, I must have clicked something wrong. I edited it in Layout and it snapped to the feed and popped up in it's rightful place on my blogroll.

      Delete
    2. Dang it! I tried to manually fix the problem on Layout by removing that "feeds/posts/default" the day before so I could click on the link and not get that HTML mess. So now that Google has fixed the problem everything was still at the bottom. Arrrghhh... Even though I could access the site. Soooo.... now this morning, I had to UNDO everything I did and put back that "feeds/posts/default" addition. Sigh.... So now it works properly again. This will teach me to just be patient and wait for the Google techies to fix the problem eventually.

      Delete
    3. However... If it's not a Blogspot blog, you have to keep it to just "feed" at the end. Discovered that error too.

      Delete
  17. I've had the same issue for the past few days. My default thinking is that there must be something wrong with my computer or server but it would seem that it's a system problem. This morning everything appears to be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had the problem too. My Sister’s link was gone. I’d had it on the sidebar since 2006. Finally this entire thing is likely to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wondered why I didn't get any comments for the longest time on my Sunday post. I use The Old Reader to access blogs, and most of the time it works. Of course, it's possible I am just not seeing them at all. The Reader gives a list of all that I've signed up for, and it looks normal. For now. Yours came up in The Old Reader just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Kay! This is very interesting, and it is also good to know. I had no idea about it until I read about it here. Thank you for sharing this. Wishing you well, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.