Friday, March 14, 2025

Blood Moon at Eclipse

We'd heard in the news that there would be a Total Lunar Eclipse last night. It's also called the Blood Moon. It was pretty overcast as the sun went down, but Art was determined to see the eclipse at the scheduled 8:58 PM projected time. 


So yes, we did go outside and dang... the clouds parted for him. When I looked at the image on my Canon camera screen, the moon was really clear, but when I clicked the shutter button, the image I got was not as good.

Art could not resist taking a photo of me taking a photo of the Blood Moon... just before it disappeared behind the clouds again.

But yes, it was definitely a blood red color as it neared totality and yes, it was fun.

I'm sure Art is wanting to say, "I told you so."

Did you stay up to see the lunar eclipse?

25 comments:

  1. I watched it around an hour or two. The KC skies were clear, but I can't say I was impresssed. It didn't seem a very bright red, but maybe my apartment's parking lot lights diminished the intensity. At least I can say I saw it. You and Art are so funny with your little adventures. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been really, really lucky with our solar and lunar eclipses. I can't imagine how much longer our luck will hold out.

      Delete
  2. Cannot look at this moon. It has disturbed my life balance lately. It is beautiful however and no I did not stay up for the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few locals were planning on it, but I haven't seen their results yet. In the middle of a cold winter night, I passed on the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The totality was at a much more civilized time in Hawaii. In the Midwest it happened between 2:00 and 2:30 am. I did not get up to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Set the alarm for 2:45 am but cloudy here in RI so did not see.. Darn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in Rhode Island? That is so cool! We were really, really lucky!

      Delete
  6. Since it didn't peek out until I think around 2 am our time, nope. But I have pictures of it from a few years ago when it appeared at a much more reasonable time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sound asleep at 11 p.m. PDT when it occurred here. I have seen pictures this morning on Facebook from friends who made the effort. These are much heartier folk than me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The full eclipse was about 2:00 am here and I slept through it. Luckily my daughter's friend got amazing photos. As did your guy and I love the one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am lazy. My local town has an army of wonderful photographers and I knew my feed would be filling with photos this morning. I never see what they capture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. We saw it, it appeared smaller and high up in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did see it but it didn't look blood red to me. I didn't go outside though since it was in the 30s and nearly midnight. It was very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't stay up to watch the eclipse. I forgot but it was overcast here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lin Floyd said wow pretty amazing-we had clouds and it was in the middle of the night so I didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our eclipse time was 3 AM - I checked at 1:30, 2:30 and 3 and it was totally cloudy so I gave up. The pictures are great, however.

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! My friends said the same thing on their side of the island. We were just lucky.

      Delete
  15. I forgot about the moon color but went out early with dog to see the eclipse. Neat-O! Usually it's too bright in the city to see sky events so I was finally happy to see Something. I have a junk camera so didn't bother taking pics. I have FB mid-west friends who are night owls so they were sending me their photos at the time it was happening. I thought how cool that same moon I'd beaming down at us at the same time miles apart. THAT thrilled me! We're all connected. I also think how the moon has shined through millenia before mankind and has seen empires rise and fall. And that same moon will continue to shine down once I'm long ago and generations more will see it. BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my daughter is in Chicago so nope. They did not stay awake since today was going to be such a busy day for them. My Mililani friends say it was totally clouded over on their side of the island.

      Delete
  16. We had to go outside and down the driveway to see the moon, since trees blocked our view from the house. We checked at about 11:15 and it looked to be about 15 -20 minutes from totality, but we did not go back out to see it then. It was late and we had to get up for an early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't stay up, but we're old enough that when we got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, it just happened to coincide with the eclipse. So...we did see it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your photos and sweet of Art to take that one of you. I like that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, sorry to say that I totally missed looking for it. Love the picture that Art took of you!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.