No... sigh... I'm still not 100% over this blasted cold, but definitely getting there.
However, I did have something quick that I wanted to share with you.
Several weeks ago, Art found someone's Medicare card outside our door. It was the craziest thing. It must have just flown there with all the winds we'd been having.
I looked up his name online and emailed the offices where he might have been affiliated telling them about the card. I also asked neighbors if they knew someone by that name. I got one reply and then never heard back. I stuck the card on our fridge waiting for someone to contact me or ... gosh... I don't know.
I eventually asked what to do on ChapGPT and it said I should contact Medicare, so I did.
You can actually just chat with someone anytime of the day. I'm wondering if this was just an AI chat.



Hmm, oddly enough destroying it didn’t seem to be in the list, but I guess it was the thing to do in this case.
ReplyDeleteI was robbed after Larry passed. Windows smashed purse taken. Getting a new card was a mess. Covid had just started and the offices were closed. It took a while. Betty Renfroe
ReplyDeleteOh nooo... Betty. That is just awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sending you a hug and aloha from Hawaii.
DeleteI think I might have googled the person’s name. Sometimes you can find an address and even a phone number. Also, finding someone on Facebook does help. A surfer found my son’s wallet and through FB, he was able to return the wallet.
ReplyDeleteYup, I Googled his name and tried to find him online, but not Facebook since I no longer have an account. I should have asked my daughter to do it. Ah well...
DeleteYou went through a lot of effort! I would hate to destroy the card but it sounds like the only option, given the circumstances. That darned cold!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the cause of night terrors for me...not the finding of a card like you did, but my losing a card of any sort. It is such a hassle to replace things like this and it takes so much time and energy. I am losing that capacity to handle these things as I get older. I woke up last night thinking about my large file of codes, passwords, addresses, contacts, and what I would do if it suddenly vanished. Perhaps it was triggered by the arrival, in the mail, of a new credit card, not new but updated. I had to jump through hoops to activate it.
ReplyDeleteI carry my Medicare card in my wallet. I am glad for a paper card. I don't like having to download apps on my phone for almost everything now. Hopefully the person who lost his card has already applied for a new one. That was so nice of you to think about him.
ReplyDeleteI felt really bad for him, but Art is really convinced that it's someone who might have passed away since we searched the Internet for him and never could get a hold of him.
DeleteHope your cold keeps fading. I finally stopped coughing. Weird how that Medicare card flew around. Maybe it flew out of someone's car window. There IS a spot to call and get a replacement. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteIt's been 3 weeks for me! Argh! But yes, my cough is fading now... just in time for a funeral we have to attend tomorrow. Both mom and me will wear masks. I'll be holding cough drops too.
DeleteI had that card on my fridge for the longest time hoping some of the places I contacted would call or write me. Art thinks it could be someone who passed away.
Of course you and Art tried to do the right thing.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, what a conundrum. It seems wrong to destroy such a card, but it makes sense.
ReplyDeleteWhat an ordeal you went through to just do the right thing!
ReplyDeleteI agree that the only thing you could do is destroy the card. The mystery is how the card got to your place.
ReplyDeletewow!! you were so kind to do all of that!!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly gave it your best shot. Hope you continue to feel better.
ReplyDeleteYou and Art just always want to do the right thing. We need more like you in the world.
ReplyDeleteDan received a new Medicare card in the mail last month with a letter saying his had been compromised. When he got the Medicare statement last week it showed charges for services in Florida. Not him and not even close to what he's been to doctor for. He called Medicare to identify the fraudulent charges and the ones attributable to his service. No idea how someone got his Medicare number.
ReplyDeleteYou did your very best with this.
ReplyDelete