I'm into my 3rd week with this miserable cold but I'm starting to gradually... so very gradually feel better. This lifted my spirits. Was the country coming to its senses?
But then, yesterday morning I got more sickening news. OK, I've been trying my best to not rant about political news. I really am. But forgive me for this one.
I think everyone has heard about what was supposed to be a "Great American State Fair which was supposed to be a series of concerts, exhibits and tributes to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the United States' independence." (Entertainment News)
Well... apparently a whole bunch of the artists have bowed out because they discovered it was going to be some kind of Trump political type rally.
In what has become typical fashion, Trump wrote this on his Truth Social website.
It absolutely boggles your mind. And he still retains a lot of his followers. I'm not up on all the latest acronyms. I had to look up The GOAT. It apparently stands for Greatest of All Time.



I think it was just yesterday that someone posted that he posted 100x on his Truth Social platform. He has a lot of free time.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are starting to feel a bit better.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteGlad you are healing.
ReplyDeleteWe’re going to hell in a hand basket and many are pushing us there. It literally makes me sick! He changed the law on college loans. Sigrid will suffer. He’s so rich he’s stopped even caring about the common folk.
Hi Kay! Glad your cold is getting better (albeit gradually). And as for the other... there are no words... it's just all so very SAD.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the news is nauseating. I think some judges have woken up; (another one stopped the big fund for rioters, at least temporarily.) I'm not sure with the ton of monies into state elections if Repubs can be stopped elsewhere. So many, such as in one farmer interview, say they are hurting but still support Trump. Maybe we need more classes in Critical Thinking; it was definitely one in nursing school. Hope your cold is getting better. Mine finally stopped sinus stuff, and the coughing has slowed down. Still using cough syrup without guafenisin to help sleep. Hugz, Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteKay of Musings: Wow! You and I are dealing with identical colds at the same time. I’m starting slowly to feel better BUT definitely not 100% yet.
DeleteI'm pleased to hear that you're getting better, but it's taking its time, isn't it? The lunacy in your country never fails to astonish us. At least it seems that more people are waking up and reacting to his stupidity.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear about improvements; I find that at our age, they tend to be more gradual than we want them to be. Poor John--I rant about the current admin and state of affairs constantly. I am SO outraged...and very frightened about what's coming.
ReplyDeleteRidiculous. Such a sick ego.
ReplyDeleteKeep getting better. Limit your intake of DJ Trump.
ReplyDeleteThe good news is that most of these ego trips of his are getting overturned or rejected. No body want to go to his party. Well. almost nobody.
I really like the last cartoon. However, I don't think Trump will ever see it or get it.
ReplyDelete