Friday, August 1, 2008

Craig's List Bargains!


I can't believe I'm doing my third posting for today but I just had to share this with everybody. I'm so excited!

We've been looking for a coffee table and end tables for the livingroom. Our problem is that we actually wanted something simple and lighter. However, we've got dark mahogany sort of Victorian type furniture in the diningroom/livingroom that we brought with us from the "mainland." We went out looking at Scan Design, Homeworld, Inspiration Furniture for something that might work. The one we finally thought would work was a coffee table for $899.99 and end tables for a little less. We were aghast at the prices.

Then I remembered my son saying to check out Craigslist. I got on-line and we saw this Broyhill Queen Anne style set that WASN'T what we were looking for but could fit the look we already had.

I doubt any islander would have bought it because it just isn't the island style. I e-mailed the person selling it and they said we could come and look at it. Our daughter and son-in-law didn't particularly like the style because they're more into modern but felt it would match what we already had. What the heck! The sellers were asking $100.00 for all three so (with our daughter's encouragement) we decided to buy it. When we brought it home, it really looked like it belonged in our house.

We're thrilled! It's in excellent condition. It does have one little scratch and I'm sure KC will add to it but I'm just so happy we were able to get it for such a nice price. I'm all for Craigslist now. Hmmm... what else do we need?

13 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when everything just falls into place like that. You're right, the tables look as if they were always meant for your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay,
    Thanks for that info. You taught me something. I'm glad that worked out for you. God bless, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't that fun when things start to come together. can't believe you got it for $100 and in Hawaii!!! wow, someone's looking out for you. it works beautifully together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go. That just shows that what you need can be just around the corner if you are looking. Looks like it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are goodlooking pieces!! And did I read that right?? It was only $100.00 for all three. That's a WOW!! What a find.

    My son is a Craig's list kind of guy. He's always looking for apartments, wall hangings, Motorcycle accessories, etc on it. I've never even checked it out. Seems like I may be missing out. I LOVE a good bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, I love Craig's List! That's how we found Teddy our Golden Retriever. His owner had put an ad on there and we adopted him and we are so happy with him! Enjoy your furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the style of the pieces you found on Craig's List, Kay. I've got to give Craig's List a try, that's all there is about it. I've heard so many people way what great deals they've found there. (Love the little shoes under your coffee table, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love second hand bargains! Your blog is very interesting and the little one is a doll! Aren't grandbabies wonderful? I have 3 that I call my "pies" for honey pie- cutie pie and so on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have almost the same tables. You got such a good deal and they look in excellent shape. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did very well. I used to sell furniture and Broyhill furniture was one of my specialties. So you did very well. You should be very proud of yourself! The Queen Anne was popular as the Cherry wood stain fit nicely with the other pieces that it also came with. Of course the Queen Anne style is discontinued but the pieces that linger out there still fetch an awesome price if you don't mind that you cannot replace it as it is discontinued.
    What a beautiful set.
    ~Michele~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You bought all three pieces for $100!? I'll have to look at Craigslist more often! (I love the teddy bear on the sofa and the sandals under the coffee table... so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good deal Kay and nice looking. I am probably the only person who doesn't do EBay or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everybody and thank you especially, Michele for your expert knowledge. I love it. It made me feel even happier.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.