"You don't need a Kindle," he said.
"But isn't it a great idea to be able to have a whole bunch of books to read whenever I want, wherever I want? I can enlarge the font so I don't need my reading glasses. I could take it with me on trips."
"Wouldn't you rather wait until they came out with a more advanced edition?" Art insisted.
Once he knew I was determined to get one, he gave up and we went shopping for it.
I started downloading a whole bunch of free books. I still haven't bought a book yet because I've got about 70 books I haven't gotten to. I also downloaded at least 40 for Art from the Amazon Limited Time promotional offers and Project Gutenberg. Quite a few are science fiction books that he loves.
One day, he picked up the Kindle and started reading. Guess who uses it all the time now? Guess who takes it to bed with him? Guess who takes it to the doctor's office or any place he knows he's got a wait?
And since my Kindle is being used, guess who is reading magazines and paperbacks now?
POSTSCRIPT: We have the solution. Guess what Art got for his birthday, Father's Day, Christmas gift?
The Fire!!!
"But isn't it a great idea to be able to have a whole bunch of books to read whenever I want, wherever I want? I can enlarge the font so I don't need my reading glasses. I could take it with me on trips."
"Wouldn't you rather wait until they came out with a more advanced edition?" Art insisted.
Once he knew I was determined to get one, he gave up and we went shopping for it.
I started downloading a whole bunch of free books. I still haven't bought a book yet because I've got about 70 books I haven't gotten to. I also downloaded at least 40 for Art from the Amazon Limited Time promotional offers and Project Gutenberg. Quite a few are science fiction books that he loves.
One day, he picked up the Kindle and started reading. Guess who uses it all the time now? Guess who takes it to bed with him? Guess who takes it to the doctor's office or any place he knows he's got a wait?
And since my Kindle is being used, guess who is reading magazines and paperbacks now?
POSTSCRIPT: We have the solution. Guess what Art got for his birthday, Father's Day, Christmas gift?
The Fire!!!
Wow, a two-Kindle family! Mazal tov, Art, enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI want one too!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! My sister has the Fire and loves it. I have my iPad with several different apps for books and really enjoy reading books on it. I like being able to change the font size, too. I'm reading a library book (paperback) right now and wish I could change the font size!
ReplyDeleteNow you can have yours back. Great idea. Those darn things are so addictive. After my pets, it is my first rescue in a fire.
ReplyDeletethere's always a solution to every problem...lol!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my Fire. Now a lot of times when we go to the cabin I can just take it instead of the laptop, unless I need to blog!
ReplyDeleteMy iPad was brilliant when we were on holiday as I always read such a lot. I read six books while we were away, and I'd never have managed to pack that lot.
ReplyDeleteYou were very kind to share with Art, but I'm glad you have become a two Kindle family. I would have a hard time sharing my Kindle.
ReplyDeleteI hear so many great reviews about them.....but......I have to have the book in my hands....lol
ReplyDeleteOh Kay, that is too funny. I have an iPad but prefer reading books on my kindle, it doesn't hurt as much when I fall asleep and it falls on my face. The Kindle is so much lighter to hold when you're reading in bed.
ReplyDeleteGuess who is laughing at this?
ReplyDeleteHis and hers Kindles/ good for you!
that's funny, glad you both have your own now!
ReplyDeleteLove the look on Art's face. Very hard to describe but he's obviously super pleased.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting your kindle back! Which one does Art prefer?
ReplyDeleteGigi: The Kindle and Fire actually have different uses. Art is loving the fact that he can easily input all kinds of travel maps and information on the Fire and access them while on the road.
ReplyDeleteThat's how I use my Kindle as well. Freebies and cheapies. And it is perfect for reading in bed.
ReplyDeleteWe could never share a Kindle in this house. I'm glad Art is able to have his own portable reader. I'll be interested in knowing how he likes the Fire.
ReplyDeleteAs sweet as Art is, he is a man. they are natural sceptics (sp?) but I am glad he sees the advantages now. Yes one each sounds like the right move. The portability is incredible isn't it? Its like my ipad - I needed some convincing too but now I always take it with me, just in case I have to wait anywhere and need something to fill in the time.
ReplyDeleteYea Art...LOL....men are so funny
ReplyDeleteGreat way to get your Kindle back! Tom is considering a reader/tablet. We bought a Fire for our son-in-law for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteYou just leave me grinning. :))
ReplyDelete