My good friend, Myrtle sent me some great ideas that I thought would be fun to share today and the next couple of days.
I actually did know about not needing so much toothpaste. My tube can last a long time. Have you noticed how expensive toothpaste is now and how much less they give you? Isn't that a terrible looking toothbrush? I think you're supposed to change them every 3-4 months.
OK... tell the truth. Did you know about using the toilet seat cover that way? It took me quite a while to get it right. I kept putting that flap at the back and the sheet would fall into the toilet. Not everything is obvious to me.
I actually did know about not needing so much toothpaste. My tube can last a long time. Have you noticed how expensive toothpaste is now and how much less they give you? Isn't that a terrible looking toothbrush? I think you're supposed to change them every 3-4 months.
OK... tell the truth. Did you know about using the toilet seat cover that way? It took me quite a while to get it right. I kept putting that flap at the back and the sheet would fall into the toilet. Not everything is obvious to me.

That toothbrush looks as if it's been used to clean boots as well as teeth!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea that I only need that much toothpaste. I've been using WAY too much all my life lol!
ReplyDeleteI did know about the pea sized amount of toothpaste.
ReplyDeleteEverything is coming in a smaller size package. I look for smaller sizes anyway, but it is annoying that the price never reflects the smaller amount of contents.
I loved your statement, "Not everything is obvious to me," because it so perfectly applies to me as well. I miss Mike for many reasons, but his ability to just "see" how things should work and then fix them is definitely among those reasons.
What a unique blend of topics.
ReplyDeleteI knew about the small amount of toothpaste, but yes, I noticed it's price increasing. I don't see any oil or gold in my toothpaste.
Never knew about the toilet seat covers. I remember the days when you inserted a dime in the stall door to be able to use it!
DrumMajor
Gosh! A dime for a cover? I've never seen those. I've seen a few places that give you a little alcohol type dispenser to clean the seat with. I think that might be better for the environment. Maybe.
DeleteIt was a lock on the outside of the stall door, where you inserted a dime to use the stall. Usually they were in airports or bus station terminals. The lock requiring a dime was only on 2-3 of the stall doors, and the rest were free. If the line was long and you have an itty bitty bladder, the dime was handy to have. The locked stalls were usually less used and cleaner. Haven't seen them in a long time.
DeleteDrumMajor
We've been using tiny amounts of toothpaste for years, though I don't know when I first learnt about it. I've never come across toilet seat covers in the UK yet, though I did see them in France this year for the first time.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I find toilets around the world to be very interesting. I should start taking photos of all the different toilets. :-)
DeleteI did know about the toothpaste. I don't use the toilet seat covers however. Most places don't have them. take my chances.
ReplyDeleteYes I have noticed a reduction in size of a lot of products as opposed to raising the price. When I get ticked is when they do both.
I always use a dab of toothpaste, and you're right about the condition of that toothbrush. I wish some people who use the seat covers would dispose of them instead of leaving them in place for the next person to deal with! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! Just yesterday I went to a public bathroom and saw two crumbled up pieces of toilet seat covers behind the seat. What the heck!
DeleteA woman in the office once told me she bought travel size tubes of toothpaste for her kids, so they wouldn't use so much. I guess the squirt is smaller. I always wondered if she actually saved money, $/oz. Surely the little tube's contents were more expensive.
ReplyDeleteGreat tips Kay!
ReplyDeletemakes you wonder how much toothpaste goes to waste.
ReplyDeleteThanks for these great tips, Kay! I did know about the toothpaste, learned it quite by accident several years back. That old toothbrush looks exactly like the one I use to clean the grout between the bathroom tiles. Yuuuuuukkkkk!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for enlightening me on the toilet seat cover issue! I never thought about it at the moment, but did wonder why sometimes it would stay put and sometimes not!
ReplyDeleteGood toothpaste point! I prefer natural ones like Dessert Essence without gunk chemicals. Bought an oiral b dual sweep and my teeth are dentist fresh! For a strange but ancient tooth whitening tip, Google 'oil pulling'
ReplyDeleteAloha:-)
Just looked it up. Wow! That's really interesting, but a little time consuming for me. Still, worth a try...
DeleteThat's my kind of toothbrush! And toilet seat covers are not in my lexicon. I tend not to be finicky about much of anything. I used to drive my mother nuts because I violated the "five-second rule" regularly. If a piece of food fell on the floor, I would scarf it up despite her horror.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the larger blob of toothpaste on the brush--that's an advertising photograph type of thing. When I was growing up, we had a neighbor who was in advertising. He told me once that when they photographed Campbell's vegetable soup they put marbles in the bowl so you could see the veggies. Otherwise, there was just the soup stock that was visible. I kid you not.
Ummmm... Marblehead? Hmmm...
DeleteWe had a friend who was a food stylist. I remember Nancy telling me that for a cereal photo shoot where they show milk or milk droplets, it was actually white glue. If you used real milk, the cereal would get too soggy for the photo. Marbles in the soup is probably something Nancy would have done also. I wonder what else they use...
Who knew? But I do now. Thanks Kay!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I'm not the only one.
DeleteWell, I knew about the pea sized toothpaste blob, but I still tend to use a bit more than that. And I just don't use toilet seat covers. I'm just not that worried about germs.
ReplyDeleteMy toothpaste last me quite long too... But as for the toilet cover...i didnt know that
ReplyDeleteTwo interesting tips, both new to me. I'll use all my savings on toothpaste to buy a new brush!
ReplyDeleteMy brother-in-law has retired from his dental practice and I relied on him to keep us in toothbrushes. Don't know how we'll manage now having to buy them. Yes a small amount of toothpaste is all that is necessary but sometimes I get in a hurry and squirt on too much.
ReplyDeleteMother taught us to drape toilet paper over the seat before those covers were invented. It was very time consuming when you were in a hurry. Also Drum Major, I remember pay toilets and actually heard some folks would crawl under the door to save the dime.
I was going to point out that the toothbrush needed to be replaced. My little granddaughter is very cute about draping the toilet seat cover on when we are together and then getting another one for me. I have to be patient as she carefully lays it out. I've always used it the other way around & it's worked for me for over 50 years.
ReplyDelete