Friday, November 15, 2013

My Pal Peggy

October 15, 2013

Gosh!  It was exactly a month ago that we were able to meet Peggy and Jim for lunch at Baker's Square.  They traveled to Chicago where Peggy could see her oncologist for her check up.  I'm happy to report that her leukemia is still in remission.  Both Peggy and Jim looked wonderful.

Peggy used to have a blog called Meggie's Musings until somehow Blogger locked her out of her own blog.

I met Peggy in 1976 when we both moved into the same neighborhood.  

She's the one who helped me learn to drive and took me to get my driver's license.  She is fearless as well as beautiful inside and out.

It broke my heart when they moved to California.


We haven't seen each other in two years, but it was like we'd never been apart.

Peggy and her husband have the most wonderfully loving and supportive marriage.  We always enjoy being with them.

They gave us this fabulous present.  It's a Table Topics set of 135 fun questions to use at parties for conversation starters.

You can bet I'll be setting it out this Thanksgiving.

And speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm sure thankful I had Peggy in my life to help and support me during those early years of adjusting to life in the Midwest.


25 comments:

  1. What a happy reunion. Love the table topics cards for Thanksgiving. Good friends are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear about Peggy. I have often wondered how she was faring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful friendship! Its wonderful to hear she is well, thats a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super post! So happy to hear that all is well with Peggy and the four of you look great! Thanks Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real relief for me to see her looking so well, too. She is one of the strongest people I know. She doesn't let anything stop her and is always caring of others.

      Delete
  5. I love that early picture of the two of you, and the most recent. That is wonderful news about her leukemia staying in remission. Aren't friends just the best? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A heart warming post, Kay. The pictures help tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you didn't learn to drive until you were an adult?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so good to see Peggy again!! I have missed her so much since her blog problem!! I'm so happy to know her cancer is still in remission!!! Wonderful news!! Please tell her hello for me and that I miss her and am so happy for her! She looks marvelous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice friendship. Glad she's doing well.
    I suppose religion and politics aren't in the table topics?
    DrumMajor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen one question so far. It was, "What is the prettiest drive you've ever taken?" The first thing I thought of was the Pacific Coast Highway in California.

      Delete
  10. She smiles just the same too. What a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good that you were able to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neither of you has aged much. Time doesn't seem to wither some fortunate people. You and Peggy are each fortunate to have such a good friend. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long-time friends are the best. They've known us through thick and thin. So glad you and Peggy have remained close even when far apart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful that she is in remission and that your had such a great visit.
    That looks like a fun gift. Wouldn't be a bad idea on a first date.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lovely to see good friends get together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some of us used to be blog friends with Peggy (we met her through you, of course) and it is wonderful news to hear that she is doing well. I'm so glad the four of you connected again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friends are important to me, too, and have helped me in life so much. As I get older, find that mutual support becomes more and more important.
    Peggy looks so nice. Glad you were able to get together with her and hope her treatment continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely to be able to meet up again. What a fun present; we love that sort of game.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love stories of old friends getting together. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.