We were driving down this street the other day and Art happened to look out the window.
See where the arrow is? Look what we saw! I got this street photo from Google maps. The road was a lot more congested.
I don't know how this mother hen managed to get all her chicks across the road.
And WHY would she want to go there anyway? She'll have to cross the road again with her chicks to get water.
So why did the chicken cross the road?
Heck if I know.
See where the arrow is? Look what we saw! I got this street photo from Google maps. The road was a lot more congested.
I don't know how this mother hen managed to get all her chicks across the road.
And WHY would she want to go there anyway? She'll have to cross the road again with her chicks to get water.
So why did the chicken cross the road?
Heck if I know.


Oh, I hope she and her chicks got home okay. Just read your comment on D. Zody's blog. Don't worry about your web presence. We are not that important. With 6 billion people in the world, almost 7 now, we are small fry. The Chinese and Russians are more intersted in Hilary.
ReplyDeleteChickens and ducks both cross roads the hard way.
ReplyDeleteCute photo of that hen and her brood. I used to have 3 chickens at pets, Pee Pee. Popo, and Jojo.
ReplyDeleteOh, I too hope somebody helped this mama out. Or these little guys would not be around for long!
ReplyDeleteChicken behavior is curious. They cross from a location that looks like it's well-stocked with bugs and worms, to get to another location that looks pretty much the same. Since we have so many wild chickens on Kauai, there are so many that are hit and killed by cars. Very sad. But those chickens are great, because they eat centipedes!
ReplyDeleteIf I could read the minds of chickens, who knows what else I might accomplish! But, alas...............
ReplyDeleteI am glad I am not a chicken.
ReplyDeleteOkay, here is a local ethnic joke we used to tell when I was a kid:
Why did the Filipino man cross the road?
Answer: He thought the water sprinkler was calling him - pssst, pssst, pssst...
My bad.
I don't get it
DeleteAdam, I guess it is a Hawaii thing. We make fun of all the ethnicities and stereotypes. "Pssst" is the sound made in order to get someone else's attention, made especially by Filipino men.
DeleteActually, after my kids went to the Mainland for college, they would become aghast when we told ethnic jokes, since it was so politically incorrect up there.
in the springtime we have a lot of geese doing that.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! As Christine said, in the spring we get a lot of Canada Geese crossing the road with their goslings. They actually stop traffic on busy roads.
ReplyDelete"To prove to the Armadillo that it can be done." Ok that is what I always heard. Just glad with such cuties in her care they all made it.
ReplyDeleteI, too, hope the chickens get rescued, and fast.
ReplyDeleteEver since that hurricane years ago you seem to have lots and lots of wild chickens.
ReplyDeletei hope they made it back safely!
ReplyDeleteHey, Kay! Long time no see. I love your cover photo. Charley and I are living on The Big Island in Kailua-Kona. Life is good. I've been thinking about blogging again. We shall see.....
ReplyDeleteLove your header photo!
Those hen and her chicks are so cute..
ReplyDeleteThere were good eats over there!!!
ReplyDeletebrave hen
ReplyDeleteI was there in 2013 for my December birthday! On the main Island. Right across from Waikiki Beach. My son had an apartment there. Wonderful place!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like there was something really yummy there since they are all trying to get it :) Maybe some especially huge and tasty worms? ;) I sure hope they made it back over the road safely!
ReplyDeleteSilly goose! er, chicken. I do hope she got some help returning them safely home.
ReplyDeleteChicks are so cute! The mother hen should look for better real estate...location, location, location.
ReplyDelete