I bought a new Travelon wallet at the Senior Fair that has a protective RFID shield in it.
I didn't particularly like the embroidery on it, but I liked the fact that it was small, thin, and had a coin purse and room for some credit cards and bills. It was perfect for travel.
What I wasn't entirely thrilled with was the zipper. I thought it might wear out as it slid over the corners.
Then I remembered that Myrtle had sent me a helpful hint a while back to make stubborn zippers glide more easily over the teeth. What I couldn't remember was what I should apply. I looked it up on line and it said wax or soap. Hmmmm... wax? Ahhh... candles! I got a candle and ran it over the teeth. Voila! It worked! The zipper glides beautifully now.
And then... while I was writing this, I found Myrtle's Helpful Hint.
Wax paper!
And yup! Wax works!
Whoopie!
I didn't particularly like the embroidery on it, but I liked the fact that it was small, thin, and had a coin purse and room for some credit cards and bills. It was perfect for travel.
What I wasn't entirely thrilled with was the zipper. I thought it might wear out as it slid over the corners.
Then I remembered that Myrtle had sent me a helpful hint a while back to make stubborn zippers glide more easily over the teeth. What I couldn't remember was what I should apply. I looked it up on line and it said wax or soap. Hmmmm... wax? Ahhh... candles! I got a candle and ran it over the teeth. Voila! It worked! The zipper glides beautifully now.
And then... while I was writing this, I found Myrtle's Helpful Hint.
Wax paper!
And yup! Wax works!
Whoopie!


its a lovely wallet , I like the embellishment!!! I also use a candle to wax zippers,,
ReplyDeleteWhatever works!
ReplyDeleteAll these things are so simple. I'll have to try it on my fleece.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteGreat tip today, miss Heloise!
ReplyDeleteVery good to learn, mahalo!
ReplyDeleteNice little purse for travel, and a handy tip to go with it. I will have to try to remember that--or at least remember that I can look those things up on line!
ReplyDeleteGreat solution!
ReplyDeleteBrittney Spears could have used this hint with her recent wardrobe malfunction.
ReplyDeleteAnother great tip! Next time I have a sticky zipper, I'll be sure to wax it. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteWow thank you. My coin purse on my wallet is getting stuck a lot and I am gonna try this! BB
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it worked for you!
DeleteThis is GENIUS. I just tried the candle idea on a fanny pack zipper that's been giving me problems and worked like a charm.
ReplyDeleteYae! That's great!
DeleteI had a sticky zipper on a Christmas vest that I really wanted to wear right then. I grabbed a bar of soap and ran it over the zipper. That works too!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to remember
ReplyDeleteI quite like it! Doesn't the Internet help us be resourceful, as well as our blog friends??!!
ReplyDeleteThis tip may help with my dress zipper...or I may have to loose some pounds.
ReplyDelete