I love seeing my teacher friends whenever we're in Chicago and Art loves spending some time with his EPA friends. Their regular meeting place is Jason's Deli in Schaumburg. Tiffany and I always go along so we can drop him off and then visit several stores in the vicinity. One of our favorite places is IKEA which is right next door. The big spender that I am, I bought a set of plastic knife guards that was under $5.
The highlight for me that day was to go to Olive Garden and have the all you can eat salad, soup and breadsticks.
We always have the nicest servers there.
Tif and I got to chat about anything and everything.
Since we're apart for the rest of the year, it's a great time to just relax and have a face to face, heart to heart.
Somehow the salad, soup and breadsticks always taste better there.
The highlight for me that day was to go to Olive Garden and have the all you can eat salad, soup and breadsticks.
We always have the nicest servers there.
Tif and I got to chat about anything and everything.
Since we're apart for the rest of the year, it's a great time to just relax and have a face to face, heart to heart.
Somehow the salad, soup and breadsticks always taste better there.

Nice mother and daughter bonding time. Here, Ikea is like the amusement park for families to go on weekends to see the nicely decorated showrooms.
ReplyDeleteCatching up to you...That poor woman and the wasabi! Enjoy reading about your adventures in Chicago with friends and family.
ReplyDeleteIt's always wonderful to get together with our loved ones, and it sounds like this place is perfect for the two of you! Our Olive Garden isn't as cozy, and the servers aren't as nice. You both look so happy to be there together! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love going to Olive Garden too, when I can. Their endless salads, soups and breadsticks are fabulous. And I like that you can try different soups too! Happy Holidays, Kay - I hope life is good.
ReplyDeleteI often go to our local Olive Garden with one or another of my children and always have the endless soup and salad. The Tuscany soup is my favorite. And the company.
ReplyDeletethat's one of my favorite places and menus also. Caryn and I go there regularly when she's in town and she just returned till spring....
ReplyDeleteYou are such a nice mom, tho I must admit they taste pretty good here too.
ReplyDeleteThese one-on-one encounters with daughters are special
ReplyDeleteOh, isn't it fun to have time with our daughters!!! I do love seeing mine!! And my youngest daughter is going to be here for Christmas!!! I'm so excited -- that and having my first grandchild arrive has made this the best year in a long time!!
ReplyDeleteI've never eaten at Olive Garden.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful spending such quality time together!
ReplyDeleteI do miss my daughters and when we get together there is lots of laughing and talking. I haven't been to Olive Garden in awhile but I love their soups, especially the one with potatoes and sausage. Makes my mouth water to think about it!
ReplyDeletenice to spend time with daughter
ReplyDeleteThat's just the absolute best, Kay!
ReplyDeleteI love to go to Olive Garden too. If I wasn't going to "Just Us" with Bob and Marilyn R tomorrow, I would go for my birthday. Maybe next week! I have to drive to Joplin or Owasso...72 miles either direction I go!
ReplyDeleteI have a favorite soup and sandwich buffet but I don't get to have my daughter's company.
ReplyDeleteThat is lovely. I love having a one on one lunch with my daughter. It happens so rarely.
ReplyDeleteI am spoiled now in being able to see my daughter often. I remember when that wasn't the case. So glad you two had this time together.
ReplyDeleteWe have a Jason's Deli very close by but I've never been
ReplyDeleteWe are so lucky to have daughters like ours!
ReplyDeleteI wish we had an Olive Garden in Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful - your relationship with your daughter. I think that I was too strict and/or weird a mother so I feel a bit sorry for my kids.