Thursday, December 28, 2017

Airport Toilets

Have you ever run into one of these toilets where a plastic sleeve runs around the toilet seat to make sure you have a clean surface to sit on?

The Honolulu Airport has some restrooms that have this and I can't help wondering if it's the same plastic sleeve that just goes 'round and 'round and 'round.

No. No. I'm kidding. I'm sure they have fresh rolls of plastic that protect you from germs every time a new person uses the toilet.

It was just a funny thought I had.

21 comments:

  1. well that would be much simpler than trying to cover with the tissue covers supplied in our public toilets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with the most interesting post topics, Kay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder if that gets replaced when it should???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this before, but I did get a good chuckle because I can see why you might wonder about that. I do remember seeing those towels that rolled around in a loop. Who ever thought that was a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be an experiment. Not here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. toilets around the world are an interesting experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. My SIL visited the east and took photos of all the toilets!

      Delete
  8. I don't like the paper. I usually take a paper towel, wet it with soap and clean it a little before I sit down. I really wish all public bathrooms had a bottle of cleaner and paper towels that way I could clean it more proper

    ReplyDelete
  9. concept is good, execution is disgusting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never seen one but like Grannie Annie, I wonder where the used one goes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen those. Weird. My opinion is that God made our bum just right for sitting on toilet seats. If the seat is wet I wipe it off, but otherwise sit. Never have gotten any germs. I know some folks are freaked out about toilet seats but not me.
    By the way, you come up with some off the wall posts. love reading them too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They've been around a while - saw it for the first time in at O'Hare in Chicago about 10 years ago, and at Incheon in Korea about 5 years ago. For folks who are particular about public restrooms, these are a welcome convenience. I hate the paper seat covers that usually fall of into the toilet before you sit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write about how you’re supposed to use those paper toilet seat covers properly here. https://travelerswife.blogspot.com/2013/10/stuff-i-didnt-know-1.html

      Haven’t had that problem since though I don’t use those covers much.

      Delete
  13. Yes, she does. Sometimes I wonder where she gets her ideas. My blog is just like a diary that I share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same thing with the towels that roll?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not seen these personally, but I have read about them somewhere. I think they are a bit weird. But then, I'm like Marcia above. I don't need toilet seat covers.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.