Monday, June 22, 2026

F'ELON and FELON?

My daughter was driving through Chicago with our granddaughter and came across this sight. Tiffany told KC to take a photo and send it to grandma (that's me).


It's a Tesla with a rather unusual sticker near its bumper.

I've seen newer Teslas that have that big T removed.

The TESLA "T" logo is now pretty hard to see on the newer Teslas.

This is from AI Overview:

Yes, Tesla’s sales have been declining. The company reported a second consecutive year of falling annual vehicle deliveries, dropping from 1.79 million in 2024 to 1.63 million in 2025, which also resulted in the company losing its title as the world's top-selling EV maker to China's BYD.
The downward trajectory and sales slump have continued through 2026, driven by a few primary factors:
  • End of Tax Credits: The removal of the $7,500 U.S. federal EV tax credit caused a significant hit to domestic demand.
  • Increased Competition: Tesla is facing intense competition and market share erosion from heavily established and emerging EV manufacturers across the U.S., Europe, and China
    .
  • Brand Sentiment: Customer polling and analysts suggest that consumer polarization regarding CEO Elon Musk has negatively impacted brand perception and purchase consideration.

So there you have it, I guess. 


I looked on line and saw a LOT of stickers along the same theme. 

Thank you, Tif and KC for a fun blog post.

13 comments:

  1. I'd say they both have broken the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so naive it took a couple of minutes for me to get the gist of this saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you may have read, our kids live in the Bay Area where Teslas are produced. We travel from the San Joaquin Valley to the Bay Area on a regular basis, and on EVERY SINGLE trip we see numerous car carriers coming out of the Bay Area loaded with Teslas. Each truck has 10 to 12 cars and the funny thing about these transports is the color combination of the cars. Each truckload is filled with cars of ONE color, usually black, except for one or two of a different color, usually red. Sometimes the carrier is all red cars except for one white. The company is very busy producing those cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are so creative when it comes to figuring out funny ways to say things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to take a second good look to see what you were writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. And there it is in plain sight that so many have ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen a sticker on someone's Tesler saying, 'I bought this before I knew'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for giving me something to smile about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't own a Tesla and never will but I feel like a hypocrite using Facebook and buying from Amazon. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a person he is. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.