Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Kitchen Mat for Great Grandma and a Smoothie for KC


The tile floor is hard on my mother's feet and knees so we got her a Gelpro mat from Costco. It cost about $75.00 ($124.95 online.) We thought this was a pretty good deal. It's awfully costly for a floor mat but it sure does feel good!



KC refuses to eat any fruits or veggies. Tonight, I made her my SPECIAL smoothie in my blender with pineapples, apples, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, a banana, 2 Tbsp of ice cream, some yogurt and soy milk. She took a sip. We held our breath and then...

"KC like smoothie. KC want more."

Woohoo! Success!

16 comments:

  1. mmm. I'll have one myself. Surprised you didn't throw in a carrot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the smoothie-loving KC photo. What a great solution to a problem little children seem to have...Thank goodness for grandmothers! And how nice to find a comfortable mat for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute stance KC has there. :)

    Well, I hope you like to peel and slice. Sounds delicious though.

    That mat is a good idea. Why are they so expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of KC! She's such a sweetheart! Like the idea of that mat! I bet it does feel good to stand on!
    Enjoy your day, Kay!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atta girl, KC. Smoothies are good, and they're (shhhh) healthy for you. The ice cream would make me a believer, if I weren't already a believer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. try some yogurt and honey next time instead of ice cream-sounds delicious. parents and grandparents need to outsmart the little ones...I'd like one of those mats for my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!

    They have several cookbooks out on how to add pureed anything to children's fav foods! I wish that I had thought of doing something like that when our kids were young.
    I just made them at least try the veggies!
    KC is so cute and Grandma is one smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great way to get fruit into KC! My DD#1 bought that same mat in black for her kitchen and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't that what grandmas are for? coming up with yummy ways to eat fruit. thanks for the info on gelpro mats, never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tip and sweet picture!

    Aloha-

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote a cookbook specifically about sneaking nutrition into kids' foods.
    KC has grown so much since last visit! She must be eating something!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just the name "smoothie" has charm for kids. Jill orders them at Starbucks for her kids when they are on the go. Good job, Gramma.
    And my feet are thinking they like the looks of that mat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on that smoothie success! That was good thinking.

    I hope the mat works for your mother. When I worked for a medical supply company the gel items for beds and chairs and shoes and anything, were always best-sellers; they must work!

    Meanwhile I'm glad Felicia didn't tear your roof off or cause too much havoc.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mat looks so comfortable, can almost feel it. KC seems to be enjoying the "secret" smoothie. Little does she know that she is doing exactly what Gnandma wants her to do...have her fruits. Don't you just love it when we find a way to get them to cooperate without their knowing it. Way to go, Kay!

    Have a happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gigi: I made chili tonight and threw in mashed yams, carrots and tomatoes. She ate it all and asked for more.

    Dina: Why are they so expensive? I guess it must be the gel in the mats. Whatever the case, it does feel great next to the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we mothers/grandmothers know all about camouflaging food don't we? Cute photos of KC. That mat does sound like a good idea. I am going to CostCo this weekend, will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.