Sigh...
Didn't know what to write about and was wandering around the house again. Art must have gotten tired of my pacing and suggested I write about what we have hanging on our walls.
I started looking first at beautiful pieces I've received from friends. Peggy gave me several art pieces through the years and I liked the colorful, happy feeling that this piece represented of those years we spent together in Illinois.
My dear classmate/friend Mavis made this wall hanging quilt for Art when he retired from the U.S.E.P.A. I'd sent her all his neckties for her craft projects and was totally blown away when she sent this at Christmas.
This poster was given to us by our very close friend, Dave Au. He is a professional photographer who has taken all our family photos and even came to Chicago to photograph our daughter's wedding.
This was one of the awards he's won through the years.
Dave is blessed with an eye for detail, angles, color, timing, composition and anything to do with cameras.
Our trip to Turkey in 2005 holds some of our favorite experiences. Whenever someone asks us what our favorite trip was, this is one of the top five. It wasn't just the scenery, history and people, but our tour members who came from all around the U.S. as well as Canada. There were only 18 people and we became good friends. One of them was an artist from New York named Connie. We were tickled pink when she painted this and sent it to us a few months later.
Bill, our anthropologist friend from Chicago often travels around the world to share his expertise.
He brought back this kanji from Paris which is supposed to say "Harmony."
In a place of honor is this sweet drawing that blogger Christine of Canada gave us when we met her and her beautiful family in Hawaii a few years ago.
There are several more wall art from friends but I'm going to move on to some different pieces for tomorrow.
Didn't know what to write about and was wandering around the house again. Art must have gotten tired of my pacing and suggested I write about what we have hanging on our walls.
I started looking first at beautiful pieces I've received from friends. Peggy gave me several art pieces through the years and I liked the colorful, happy feeling that this piece represented of those years we spent together in Illinois.
My dear classmate/friend Mavis made this wall hanging quilt for Art when he retired from the U.S.E.P.A. I'd sent her all his neckties for her craft projects and was totally blown away when she sent this at Christmas.
This poster was given to us by our very close friend, Dave Au. He is a professional photographer who has taken all our family photos and even came to Chicago to photograph our daughter's wedding.
This was one of the awards he's won through the years.
Dave is blessed with an eye for detail, angles, color, timing, composition and anything to do with cameras.
Our trip to Turkey in 2005 holds some of our favorite experiences. Whenever someone asks us what our favorite trip was, this is one of the top five. It wasn't just the scenery, history and people, but our tour members who came from all around the U.S. as well as Canada. There were only 18 people and we became good friends. One of them was an artist from New York named Connie. We were tickled pink when she painted this and sent it to us a few months later.
Bill, our anthropologist friend from Chicago often travels around the world to share his expertise.
He brought back this kanji from Paris which is supposed to say "Harmony."
In a place of honor is this sweet drawing that blogger Christine of Canada gave us when we met her and her beautiful family in Hawaii a few years ago.
There are several more wall art from friends but I'm going to move on to some different pieces for tomorrow.

Are there any that do not have stories behind them? My children say I don't own anything that doesn't have a story.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing other people's art in their homes. Yours seems to have the common theme of "friends". The quilt is just wonderful and truly a piece of art.
ReplyDeleteLots of good memories captured on your walls. The quilt was quite a task to complete. My daughter did something similar for my husband but on a pillow with the center square a quilt square made up so ties. One of them is fraying now and I don't know how to fix it.
ReplyDeleteI also am impressed with your beautiful wall art. That quist is simply stunning! Thanks to Art for suggesting that you show me what you've got hanging on your walls. :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, your home if filled with memories. I try to do the same. Hmmmm....maybe I'll have to do a post about it :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful and creative art.
ReplyDeleteGreat stories behind it all, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful...I love that each piece of art has a person behind it, someone with whom you have a strong connection.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh Kay I am so flattered to be on your wall with all your precious memories, I'm one of those forever friends for sure!
ReplyDeleteArt and I seem to have the same topics in mind. You have given us a lot of beauty here. I'm stringing my images out. You know I was delighted by the quilt. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are like me and I keep almost every gift with meaning I've gotten. You really have some nice wall hanging memories.
ReplyDeleteHow interesting!
ReplyDeleteinteresting how our homes are filled with memories of the past that only we know about-good idea for blogging I might try it also, I too have run out of ideas...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your pieces Kay, lovely that they came from friends, a sweet reminder of them.
ReplyDeletewonderful hangings and memories!
ReplyDeleteThis great friendship collection says a lot about you!
ReplyDeleteI think I remember that art she drew
ReplyDeleteI like it that your wall art is both beautiful and meaningful.
ReplyDeleteThs not only makes for a good post but brings back memories for you.
ReplyDeletethat tie one is amazingly thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for inviting us into your home, Kay
ReplyDelete