Wednesday, July 12, 2017

That Last Try for a Stone Lantern

Before we finally bought that stone lantern, I asked Jalna of Photos by Jalna and Honolulu Aunty if they knew where I could find one. Jalna said she happened to be at the Aloha Stadium swap meet and saw exactly what I was looking for. However, she went on a Sunday.

We needed to make a decision before Thursday when we told Mari's Garden that we would be back to buy the stone lantern there.

Therefore we went on Wednesday to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet and Marketplace hoping that the same seller that she saw might be there.

Sigh...

He wasn't.

However, we had a great time looking for things for our granddaughter.

The difficult thing was not knowing what 10 year old KC is into now.

I was constantly texting, calling or facetiming our daughter, Tiffany to ask her if something we saw might be of interest to KC.



Whatever the case, we had fun even if we never found any stone lanterns there.

You can't say we're leaving any stones unturned!

18 comments:

  1. Oh you are so clever. "...leaving no stones unturned". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do love to feed our grandchildren's obsessions. There are so many cute girly things too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a "mermaid tail lap blanket" from Amazon in purple for my 12 year old granddaughter. She absolutely loves to cuddle in it while she reads. They have many types and are very popular with girls.
    https://www.amazon.com/FEESHOW-Handcrafted-Mermaid-Sleeping-Turquoise/dp/B01NA7X4AB/ref=sr_1_71?ie=UTF8&qid=1499862462&sr=8-71&keywords=mermaid+throws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you end up buying, you're having fun on your way there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. swap meets are always fun and interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been fun walking around and looking at things. Greetings to you and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kids do like almost anything sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you can find your lantern some time. Fun to look though as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's anew one for me...facetime shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that hard? The grandies used to be so easy to buy for!!! Ours are 9, 7, and 2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youngster's interests can change so quickly. Good luck finding the perfect gift. At least you are having fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last time I went to the Swap Meet was at the Aiea one with you and Jalna. That was fun. Hard not to buy anything!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.