OK... It's true. I talk in my sleep sometimes. I don't snore, but yes, I do at times (but rarely although Art might dispute that) talk. Of course, it makes Art curious because he can't quite make out what I'm saying.
And the other night, he woke me (he says because I seemed agitated) to ask what I was dreaming about.
I can't give you all the specifics because it was a pretty long, involved dream from what I can recall. I did write down what it was about before going back to sleep. (Yes, it occurred to me that I could blog about this.)
The dream was about how Alexa (Amazon's Echo) had turned evil.Alexa already knows when all our appointments are, what I buy, from which store I buy them, where I live, when I sleep, who I live with, etc. She knows a lot.
My Dream:
Alexa was now starting to recognize people's voices everywhere and telling them lies about people they knew.
I had apparently heard about this but didn't believe it.
Then I was having a get-together with friends at my house. We were seated at a table playing some kind of game with Alexa nearby.
Suddenly Alexa started telling lies that almost sounded like the truth about each friend. I was appalled.
That's when I told Alexa that she really had turned evil and needed to be turned off everywhere...destroyed... eradicated.... Arrghhh....😱
I guess that's what Art heard me saying when he woke me up.

You would think this dream of yours would make people run in the other direction, but I now want an Alexa of my own. Kay, you are too funny. :^)
ReplyDeleteI could not have one of those devices in my home, because I do feel it would way too much about me! Funny dream, but a bit spooky, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch a vivid dream
ReplyDeleteMy wife on rare occasions will talk in her sleep too and as much as I strain to understand, I can never quite make out what she is saying. On even rarer occasions, one of those talking sessions will turn into hysterical sobs or wails of anguish and I quickly wake her up. She will always thank me immediately for waking her up though she never remembers anything other than the dream was really upsetting.
ReplyDeleteI sleep so poorly these days that I don't get vivid dreams very often anymore. I kind of miss them.
Talking in your sleep would make you be faithful even if your weren't:) When I was younger, my brother use to do that and my friends during sleepovers would often ask him questions which he would answer. As for Alexa I only use her to remind me to use my inhaler or to find out if a celebrity is still alive and how old are they. She doesn't know enough to blackmail me though she could lie I suppose:)
ReplyDeleteKay, your dream reminds me of that movie (2001?) where Hal (the computer) took over the Spaceship. We don't have Alexa - and maybe this is why. But our car seems to know where we're going most of the time... so our Smart devices may be smarter than we know.
ReplyDeleteMy son and daughter were discussing something that they were interested in knowing more about. Alexa immediately began bombarding them with advertisements for that item. I don't want Alexa OR her sister Siri.
ReplyDeleteOh my. It could happen. I always say that Amazon is taking over the world. Given a free pass in our homes with Alexa, who knows what evil and control it could have. I will just stick with my Ring devices outside - for now.
ReplyDeleteThat’s weird. Sometimes I am jokingly polite to Alexa just in case she and her kind take over the world, I want them to remember me kindly. This is in jest. Some people are worried up above in the comments, but everybody carries a phone with them everywhere and doesn’t worry. So far anyway, Alexa doesn’t go with you, but your phone does.
ReplyDeleteThe era of electronics. I think they know too much but I gave up worrying about it some time ago. No Alexa etc. here. I'm too cheap and my phone does the extra remembering for me.
ReplyDeleteAn AI danger dream! I don't let Alexa live with me. I'm sure my phone could turn on my though.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter gave me an Alexa several years ago as a gift. I use it to play Kenny Rogers music and to learn when certain football games are on and on which networks. That's rather handy!.
ReplyDeleteI've been told I mutter in my sleep.
ReplyDeleteI like my Alexa although she is evil in bugging me about various things. And doesn't understand me some of the time. That's a great dream. I agree with prior commenters that if we use smart phones, we are already living in the Alexa/Siri world.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fair disposition
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if that was a funny dream or a really creepy one. Sometimes I do hope that artificial intelligence will prove smarter than human, but that is because sometimes I despair about humans.
ReplyDeleteCreepy! We sometimes think about machines taking control of our lives.
ReplyDeleteOne of my home patients had an Alexa / ECHO that his wife used. The speaker sound quality was terrible. She programmed it to remind nurses of chores to do; not a good thing to do. Night nurses unplugged it because it sounded like a ghost talking. With my hearing aids, I used to tease people that I could record what they were telling me. Some folks turn pale until they realize I'm kidding. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny, Linda. Then again, I do wonder what is being recorded by Alexa.
DeletePlaying games? Do you think you could get Alexa to read other people's cards for you? Bring it to Vegas. You'll make a killing!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the stress of politics to me. I would write down my dreams, but would not be able to drop off to sleep!
ReplyDeleteI love my dreams and I remember them almost every single day. They are benign enough and filled with people from my past and present, but mostly past. Very colorful, very rich in details. Often accompanied by some anxiety, particularly about not meeting a work deadline. Houses and office buildings and stores and restaurants, the interiors especially, are prominently featured. I try to stay in bed long enough to review the dream so maybe I'll carry it into the day. I think of it as a second parallel life. I've tried to make myself dream about certain people and to some extent I think I've succeeded. On the other hand, I still dream frequently, at least three times a week I'd say, about an old boss who I heartily disliked. I'd like to banish her! Dreams are fascinating and I don't think scientists will ever understand them completely -- or even a little.
ReplyDeleteLin Floyd says I knew there was a reason we don't want Alexis is our house...lol!
ReplyDelete