Sunday, October 17, 2010

Photoshop Lesson

Dennis stopped by and showed me how to do a Photo Merge. Then he demonstrated by redoing the rainbow I did earlier. He brightened it a bit, corrected the merge, fixed the roof line, brought back more of the arc, took out the drain pipe at the top, etc., etc...


Now if only I could remember how he did all this! Yes, I did take notes, but it's never enough.
Sigh...

10 comments:

  1. You'll do fine. I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos done on Photoshop. Then let us know what you think about it.

    I played with Photobucket a little while yesterday.

    Isn't there a charge for Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my daughter Photoshop Elements 7 last year for her birthday and neither of us have gotten too far with it. I even bought a Photoshop for Dummies book. I'm hoping that will help. It is amazing how beautiful this picture and your banner as well. Stunning! I've missed you Kay. I need to visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, I thought you had done just fine but Dennis really did add a professional touch.
    Brothers are wonderful, aren't they? I adore my two.

    I've had my iMac for about a year and a half now and am a babe in the woods about using iPhoto yet. Maybe if I invite a brother or, better still, a nephew... the nephews are all 30-something and a couple of them know far more than I do.

    Hi to Art. Almost November, and after that it's almost December. Thyme fries, you know. -- Kay and Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did a good job. I am impressed.

    I have Adobe Photoshop on my PC, but just know how to size the pics. I don't know how to erase certain blemishes on people's faces or refresh old photos. I really do need a tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented here last night but i don't see it .... once again let me tell you ,the rainbow looks amazingly beautiful ...you are a fast and good learner .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kavita: Sorry about that. You actually commented on the previous post, Happy Sunday. I'm afraid I posted a second time today to show what my brother did compared to what I did in my non-professional way. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I always, always love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I just don't like things too perfect, but I liked your previous version just as well. (Don't tell Dennis.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean..I need to practice and practice a skill to get it down..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just need to play around with PhotoShop - it's really fun. By the way - your header is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.