Our cellphone coverage right now is with T-Mobile. We have a T-Mobile Tuesdays app on our cellphone that we sometimes remember to check on Tuesdays for special offers. Sometimes, there's $4 movie tickets or maybe a free Frosty or whatever. The other week it was BOGO 99 cents sundaes at Baskin Robbins. We were almost not going to use it.
However, we were out shopping and just happened to pass by a Baskin Robbins and decided to see if they participated in the T-Mobile Tuesdays offers. They did!
I had been to Zumba on a HOT, sweaty day and Art had just returned from delivering all his Meals on Wheels. We felt we needed a treat.
We met the super NICEST server there who made us feel as welcome as can be. He kept offering to let me taste something. I didn't take him up on it because I knew what I wanted. Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road! I hadn't had those in such a long time.
It took Art a much longer time to choose. He finally settled on scoops of Lemon Poppyseed and Strawberry Banana. Can you believe he's not a chocolate fan? I guess opposites attract.
It was very lovely! And would you believe there was another coupon for a BOGO 99 cents sundae on the receipt? Gracious!
We decided we'd bring mom next time when she's back to normal and could probably use a celebratory sundae.
As we were driving away, we were commenting that ice cream is ice cream, but when you are served by such nice people it makes everything taste better and definitely makes you want to go back.
However, we were out shopping and just happened to pass by a Baskin Robbins and decided to see if they participated in the T-Mobile Tuesdays offers. They did!
I had been to Zumba on a HOT, sweaty day and Art had just returned from delivering all his Meals on Wheels. We felt we needed a treat.
We met the super NICEST server there who made us feel as welcome as can be. He kept offering to let me taste something. I didn't take him up on it because I knew what I wanted. Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road! I hadn't had those in such a long time.
It took Art a much longer time to choose. He finally settled on scoops of Lemon Poppyseed and Strawberry Banana. Can you believe he's not a chocolate fan? I guess opposites attract.
It was very lovely! And would you believe there was another coupon for a BOGO 99 cents sundae on the receipt? Gracious!
We decided we'd bring mom next time when she's back to normal and could probably use a celebratory sundae.
As we were driving away, we were commenting that ice cream is ice cream, but when you are served by such nice people it makes everything taste better and definitely makes you want to go back.
We recently spent $12 on 2 cones while we were out and about. It's crazy when the ice cream is the same as at home or close to it, but it's an occasional treat, I guess. I don't know why getting a cone out is so enticing, but it is for some reason.
ReplyDeleteYikes! Those are BIG sundaes which were practically given away. Good for both of you for treating yourselves. :-)
ReplyDeletehave you tried their pineapple coconut sugar free ice cream-it's delicious!
ReplyDeleteDid you manage to eat all of both? Those are some mighty big servings of ice cream for such a tiny gal.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! One of those sundaes belongs to Art. We were sending this photo to the kids so he wanted to show them what we both got.
DeleteGreat deal, I love Baskin Robbins chocolate fudge and brownie maui madness, a chocolate fan like you. Art's choices sound healthy.
ReplyDeleteGlad you and Art enjoyed it
ReplyDeleteYes, we have a super nice guy in our Baskin Robins. I'm always glad to see he still works there after many years as he always makes our day. We try very hard not to eat ice cream right now. LOL (and only do one cream puff a year too.)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe have a wonderful B-R near us. And, a specialty shop, with more ice cream on display than the law allows, plus lines out the door. A lot of their ice cream is so real. Oh, the coffee flavor! I look around for the cows and the coffee pot, and wonder how they make it.
DeleteOur last BR closed down maybe five years ago. Frozen yogurt shops helped killed it.
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to be treated to great customer service. Looks like you had a nice time out, lovely photos. Greetings to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteMade me smile!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bargain! Looks delicious. I too thought that both those sundaes were yours since you mentioned two flavors.
ReplyDeleteHi, Kay! I don't blog anymore but I think of you often. We live in Kailua Kona now, on the Big Island, and Charley (Amoeba) is working as the Director of Research at CyanoTech (the BioAstin people). I'm substitute teaching these days, but, of course, I am off for the summer. I am so glad to hear that you and Art are well.
ReplyDeleteHello Charlene! How absolutely wonderful that you're in beautiful Kona. Looks like Charley has a very prestigious job too. Your children (in fall) will be lucky to have you in the classroom.
DeleteBy the way, I tried to leave a comment on your website and I couldn't figure out how to do it.
DeleteOoh, I can almost taste that mint chocolate chip. Sadly after enjoying milk and milk products for 75 years, my body suddenly decided that it no longer could handle lactose. Bummer-- I miss the milk but most of all ice cream. Enjoy while you can and hope your body never gets cranky.
ReplyDeleteSometimes you just need a little treat! My very first job (At 15) was working for Baskin Robbins. Many of them have disappeared now, including the one where I worked-on Fillmore Street in San Francisco.
ReplyDeleteI'm a great ice cream lover. I haven't seen any promotions for ice cream here.
ReplyDeleteI am an ice cream lover too. We don't have Baskin Robins but we do have Brahms. They have great ice cream too.
ReplyDeleteI love ice cream. I have had several servings lately, a fact that I admit is not doing much for my attempt at weight loss. But it's summer!
ReplyDeleteRats! We have AT&T. No deals like that for us!
ReplyDeleteThat's fun! Living in rural Ontario, we have to wait for tourist season to find good non-dairy ice cream for hubby!
ReplyDelete