Art is always on the lookout for opportunities to take photos of a beautiful sky. I got the following explanation from Wikipedia.
The rhyme is a rule of thumb used for weather forecasting during the past two millennia. It is based on the reddish glow of the morning or evening sky, caused by haze or clouds related to storms in the region. If the morning skies are red, it is because clear skies over the horizon to the east permit the sun to light the undersides of moisture-bearing clouds. The saying assumes that more such clouds are coming in from the west. Conversely, in order to see red clouds in the evening, sunlight must have a clear path from the west, so therefore the prevailing westerly wind must be bringing clear skies.
Art took this photo one morning a few weeks ago. Therefore, if we went by the rule of thumb from that rhyme, it should have rained. It didn't and mom was happily able to hang her laundry out on the clothesline.
It wasn't vog either since the volcano has stopped it's lava flow for a while. I guess we can sometimes just appreciate the beautiful skies without overthinking it.

Just beautiful whether or not they have some hidden meteorological meaning or not.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skies, thanks for the explanation.
ReplyDeleteI love photographs of the sky, especially sunrise and sunset.
ReplyDeletebeautiful skies...
ReplyDeleteBlessings....
ReplyDeleteYes indeed.
i have found that Sunrises and Sunset are very much alike.
God's work!
Marvelous
Just lovely pictures too. Yes, I always say that when we have a red morning sky too. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Hawaiian skies. Good for you for getting out to watch them. Sometimes I forget until the time has passed.
ReplyDeleteSome sayings are not 100% accurate
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful skies you have had. Every time I see a red sky, that poem comes to mind. More often than not, it is right.
ReplyDeleteNow that is a RED sunrise, for sure. Lovely evening scene, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe afternoon sky doesn't look very pleasant.
ReplyDeleteWow, those photos are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteKudos again Art!
ReplyDeleteThanks for that bit of explanation which I never knew.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for the information, and thanks too for those lovely photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan