My daughter, Tiffany and her husband, Ed will be celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary this year. One of our gifts to them way back then was a rather pricey wedding photo album. Unfortunately, we've never had photos printed for it. My brother, Dennis was going to work on them, but as it sometimes happens the project got away from us. Tiffany never made clear choices on which photos should be printed for the album so we couldn't work on it.
Now our granddaughter is six years old and I know she would love to see her mommy looking so pretty. Since I've finished the trip albums, I'm now staring at that empty wedding album in my office.
With the advent of Photoshop technology in the last 12 years, I can now play with these photos.
The church was very dark so taking photos was a challenge.
With Photoshop, I was able to fix the lighting so you can see our son, Jon coming through the doorway. He had returned from Mali, West Africa where he'd been serving with the Peace Corps. We were so happy to have him home for a week so he could be with his sister before returning to his village.
Here's Art about to walk Tif down the aisle. It was just a few seconds before I dissolved into tears.
The lighting was a bit yellowish so I was glad to be able to lighten and change it to a more natural color. Ed and Tif were now ready to say their vows.
I changed the light color again and took away the bottom of the cross since it seemed to be dropping right down on Tif's head.
There are tons of gorgeous photos. I'm just showing the ones I played with. Dennis actually told me not to work on anything because he'd rather do it himself correctly. However, I couldn't resist playing with the techniques he taught me. He's probably created a monster.
As a little joke on her name, they had a wedding cake made to look like Tiffany boxes.
OK... that's all. I'm going back to choosing photos now. Tiffany says she trusts me to make the executive decisions and she knows what her uncle can do.
Now our granddaughter is six years old and I know she would love to see her mommy looking so pretty. Since I've finished the trip albums, I'm now staring at that empty wedding album in my office.
With the advent of Photoshop technology in the last 12 years, I can now play with these photos.
The church was very dark so taking photos was a challenge.
With Photoshop, I was able to fix the lighting so you can see our son, Jon coming through the doorway. He had returned from Mali, West Africa where he'd been serving with the Peace Corps. We were so happy to have him home for a week so he could be with his sister before returning to his village.
The lighting was a bit yellowish so I was glad to be able to lighten and change it to a more natural color. Ed and Tif were now ready to say their vows.
I changed the light color again and took away the bottom of the cross since it seemed to be dropping right down on Tif's head.
There are tons of gorgeous photos. I'm just showing the ones I played with. Dennis actually told me not to work on anything because he'd rather do it himself correctly. However, I couldn't resist playing with the techniques he taught me. He's probably created a monster.
As a little joke on her name, they had a wedding cake made to look like Tiffany boxes.
OK... that's all. I'm going back to choosing photos now. Tiffany says she trusts me to make the executive decisions and she knows what her uncle can do.






Oh that is amazing that you can make those so much better. She was just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe all know that Tiffany and Ed are the handsome couple, but wow, look at Jon in a suit and tie!
ReplyDeleteI kinda like the darker, romantic, mysterious photos as they were. But that WAS a good idea to take the cross out of Tiffany's head. LOL
Good luck with your latest album work, Kay.
Actually... We were all shocked that Jon had shaved all his hair off while in Mali. I think it was because of the bugs and hot, humid weather. It was the first time we'd seen him without his long hair. And it was painful to send him off a week later to return to Africa.
DeleteYeah, I suppose.
DeleteMali is much in the news these days. I'm glad Jon is not there now.
Sometimes procrastination pays off. I am sure your grand daughter will love seeing these pictures of the wedding.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, and these are the photos that weren't good. You should see the other ones that were really fantastic! KC will love seeing her mother look like a fairy princess.
DeleteIt's amazing what you were able to do with those pictures, Kay. And it's true that so much has changed in twelve years, now the photos can be simply perfect! I love the before and after, what a difference! :-)
ReplyDeleteI confess it's truly fun to see how much photos can be improved or fixed! There's so much that Photoshop can do, IF you know how to use the darn program. I only know a teeny bit that Dennis taught me. You should see what he can do!
Deletesuch a beautiful bride and the cake is amazing!!! You are very skilled correcting photos!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful, Kay. I'm impressed with what you can do to improve the photos.
ReplyDeleteI often have to do the same to the photos I take on my cellphone, I really need to upgrade because the camera quality isn't cutting it.
ReplyDeleteThose photos look so much better now with the touch-ups.
I've been seeing some photos my daughter has sent me via her upgrade iPhone and there is a difference. I think.
Deletewhat a lovely gift-good job on fixing the photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to your lovely daughter and SIL!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful bride!
And the touch-ups look great.
A beautiful bride indeed and a very Happy Anniversary to Tif and Ed!! Have a great week, Kay!
ReplyDelete...and if her uncle doesn't get off his tail and get to work, you are doing a more than credible job. Bravo to you.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh about Dennis telling you not to work on the photos. Such a brother thing to say!
ReplyDeleteTif will love being able to look through the album with KC. I remember how much I loved looking at my parents' wedding photos when I was young, and I have one of them on a shelf above my computer right now.
K
Beautiful bride! I know that Tif will be so grateful to have the album to share with KC! 12 years isn't so long to wait....really! I've waited 36 years and still haven't seen mine yet. hmmmm, wonder if Dennis still even has the negatives? Your wonderful brother does have procrastination down to an art. I can't wait to see Tif's album once it's complete.
ReplyDeleteNancy I
I've tried not to nag... well... tried. In the end, I think he was just waiting for technology to catch with what he wanted to do. LOL ALSO... Tiffany actually had not chosen enough photos to do the photo pages and has just been too busy. It's nice being retired so I could sit down and sift through all the photos to make some selections.
DeleteNow the cover of the album is deteriorating due to the Hawaii weather which prompts me even more to get it done and sent over to them before it's a total lost cause.
Gorgeous photos, bring a tear to my eye! I have to learn photoshop...but it's an effort to learn new things.
ReplyDeleteI'm really lucky that my brother is so patient with me. He teaches me a little each time. It's not easy unless you have a patient teacher.
DeleteI love what you've done, particularly with the Tiffany box cake and salmon roses. Good job. Dianne
ReplyDeleteWhat a novel idea...a "Tiffany" cake!! Every bride named Tiffany should have one!!
ReplyDeleteKidding aside, I think KC will be smitten with awe of what one day she will look like as a bride.
Sometimes, it is darn hard working with artsy professionals...because they cringe at what others do (I have that problem with my son since he's the trained art professional).
L...w
Oh yes, I really think KC will be surprised to see her mommy with makeup on with a pretty gown.
DeleteYou did a really nice job. Tell Dennis I said so:-)
ReplyDeleteAloha from town
Lovely folks in lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteGee, and we were feeling guilty waiting 14 months to get with the photographer from my son's wedding. (My son's photographer is the son of MY first wedding photographer! Comparing technology from 38 years ago is a riot!) We've all been busy, but I'm waiting on my 100+ pics!
Your Tiff has done well. There's a saying: hopefully long after the wedding, you'll have your rings, your photos, and your marriage.
Cheers, DrumMajor
Happily, Tif will now have all three.
DeleteIt's never too late and your grandchild will love it. I really like your changes. The cross in the head had to be painful:))
ReplyDeleteThat cake was very clever. Have fun.
Tiffany was a beautiful bride and I love what you did with the photos Kay.
ReplyDeleteTruly impressive the way you improved those pictures. They are all album worthy now. Just DO 'EM! 12 years is long enough. I like the way you spotted the cross coming out of Tiffany's head. It's always good for a laugh when someone's head sprouts a tree, but not for this august occasion.
ReplyDeleteI just love what technology can do now. You can now fix photos you would have thrown away in the past.
Deletewow, all those photos look so natural now.
ReplyDeleteYou are an inspiration. I really do need to get set up with Photoshop. What a gorgeous bride Tiffany was.
ReplyDeleteIt's cool that you can make good photos out of not so good photos, but I can't believe you all waited so long to do this!
ReplyDeleteSo true. However, I'd made a temporary one that sort of served its purpose. This one should be much nicer.
DeleteWonderful memories, weddings!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy first wedding's photos were destroyed before they were printed. Rather strange!
You bride is a beauty!!!!!
Destroyed? That's awful! I'm so sorry.
DeleteYes, Tif really looked gorgeous that day all dressed up with make-up she rarely uses.
What a beauty she is.
ReplyDelete