Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How Long Can I Keep It UP?

When I was a kid we'd juggle small bean bags and see how long we could keep it going; sometimes with two bean bags and sometimes with three.

It's been a challenge to see how long I can write a post daily. I've been doing it since July, 2010. I think I've missed only a handful of days.


Some days have been hard. My brain just couldn't think of what to say. Some days I'd have 5-6 things I wanted to write about. It's great that you can pre-post things or even post-post things. (I don't know what you call it to post things ahead of time or after the date.) Anyway, I hope you know what I mean.

When I was teaching I always had a whole bunch of goals, schedules and deadlines. I guess I need to have a little bit of pressure to keep me going even though I'm retired. Otherwise, I feel like I'm at loose ends.

Yes, it's true my kids now think I'm a little bonkers or at least somewhat OCD. However, it's nothing they didn't suspect before.

16 comments:

  1. I agree that having a daily deadline for the blog is therapeutic. Your musings must be so much harder to think of and decide on and articulate than a simple city daily blog.
    Keep up the good work, Blogger Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever you call it, we love it.
    You're my hero, that's all I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I try to blog daily too and it does really help to preschedule posts as ideas come. I usually have at least 3-5+ posts created and waiting. That's helps tons and takes off the daily pressure to be CREATIVE...lol! I always enjoy what you write-even a I can't think of anything post is okay-we are your friends....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how to pre-or-post-post! I just post when I have something to say or share. I guess that's not every day. I just try to read and comment on other's blogs every day. And I certainly look for yours every day, but if I don't find one, I know you are busy doing something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I post every day too, it must be that I like being on a schedule too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi -- I'm with Lin Floyd, on days when I feel creative, I compose several blog posts and keep them as drafts. They're there when I can't think of anything, they're there when I'm too busy (traveling, for instance), and they're there when I don't feel well.
    Like Linda Reeder, I have no idea how to pre-post, but I always intend to look into it. Then I forget, and don't look into it. LOL
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe you mean POST-DATE. A relative always gives us birthday checks that are post-dated, because she will have the money in the bank at a later date! haha. Well, that's okay with us.

    Keep going, Kay! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gigi: Yes, YES! Post-date! That's the word I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are always interesting or entertaining! I just collect photos or stories I might use later. ABC is a means to show photos and interesting facts. I have always some posts scheduled for the next few months.
    So you have met already some bloggers! I was not nervous for I had the feeling that I knew Marina and Antigoni already. It was absolutely fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Kay! I promised myself I would blog daily throughout 2010 - but I failed!
    I always enjoy reading your posts and learning a little about your life and family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes prepare three to four posts ahead of time, particularly if my schedule is going to keep me from posting something for one of the memes. But then I just put the date and time I want them to post and it works well. My kids have been thinking the same about me for years!! Even more so now -- they just blame it on my age now and try not to let me see them shaking their heads in bewilderment at my strange behavior!! Guess it helps that I was always something of a nut!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your persistence and consistency. I always enjoy seeing what you have to write. I don't post that often because I don't want to put stress on myself. I guess you are right, it might be too much of a reminder of those daily lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kay -- some days my brain is empty. Scheduling posts is a joy, isn't it?

    Your posts never seemed forced or irrelevant -- like the memes I have taken to doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard to post on your blog daily, especially me. Then my friends wanted me on facebook and that is harder. So I am hearing you. Hope your holidays were nice and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that is a lofty goal. I don't think I could do it. I just don't have that much to say. But, I wish you luck with it. I know I'll enjoy being on the reader's end of your blogs. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In my first blog, I posted every day for an entire year. (That project finished almost two years ago.) Now, I write as it suits me. Sometimes I wonder how I did it.

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.