I've been using this wonderful feature on my computer and wanted to share it even though I'll bet 99.9% of you already know about it or have better glasses or eyesight than me.I can magnify the fonts on the websites I visit by clicking on that teeny magnifying glass with the plus sign in the middle, on the right hand corner of my screen. When I go to your blogs, I always use 125% or 150% to read what you write more easily. I love it. I don't need my glasses at all.
OK... that's all.
If even one person sees this and says, "Whoa, this is helpful!" I'm happy.
I don't know if I have that, but I will be checking to find out. Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteI wear progressive lens glasses, which already have the reading portion built in.
ReplyDeletethanks, I didn't realize that and it's even on my mac!!!!
ReplyDeleteps also under view there's zoom in or zoom text only
ReplyDeleteKay, does this mean that you are not getting used to your new glasses?
ReplyDeletethat's too wild, Kay, who would've thought of doing that but you? Like KathyG, I wear progressive lenses. But I still sometimes have to increase the font for some documents I come across.
ReplyDeletehey, this is great! hahaa..it helps esp for me.. im 50!!
ReplyDeleteSo far, I have not had to use reading glasses for the computer at all. And I don't need the Zoom feature, either.
ReplyDeleteThe new telephone book, on the other hand...!!!
HA! So what you're actuaactually telling me personally is "Sarah seeing as you yours set at 125% all the time, you may need reading glasses"!!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteDina: Sigh.... I still don't like the progressive lens. I'm tired of constantly trying to find the "sweet spot". I find the text enlargement much easier for me.
ReplyDeleteIf you're using Google Chrome, you can find this feature by clicking on the little wrench in the upper right hand corner and going to 'zoom'. Just thought I would add to the helpfulness!
ReplyDeleteNot too very long ago I went into the internet settings menu on my tool bar and permanently changed my settings so things just open up a little bit bigger and I don't have to keep adjusting.
ReplyDeleteI wear my reading glasses on the end of my nose all the time. It is a habit, but a good one, that way I usually know where they are.
ReplyDeleteI used to do that all the time when I had a PC. Now I have an iMac and one of the few things I dislike about it is the inability to enlarge the type when I'm reading. On the other hand, it may just be that I haven't found the enlargement-thingummy yet because I can't see it.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I have had cataract surgery on both eyes, and the artificial lenses are set to computer screen distance. I have to wear glasses for everything else except looking at my computer.
-- K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
I don't have that feature readily available on my laptop, perhaps because it's a Mac. But I wear glasses all the time so it's not a problem; and when I'm in bed using my laptop the distance is just right so I don't need my glasses.
ReplyDeleteI knew that!!! As a matter of course, I wear my glassed anyway. They hide some wrinkles! LOL
ReplyDeleteRight now I'm reading your blog on my mini, and I don't have that icon, so thanks for using a large font. I usually have to go to 'view' and click on 'zoom'.
ReplyDeleteCool Kay, er Kool!
ReplyDeleteAloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral
><}}(°>
<°)}}><
Thank you very much !
ReplyDeleteIt's a tender function for my eyes.
Hmm...I wonder why I can't find this convenient icon?
I'll try it more. ヘ(・o・ ? ・o・)ヘ
I have seen this before but have never tried it. However, I have been back to the eye doctors office three times trying to get my new progressive eyeglasses "right". My fibro disease is affecting the prescription I fear as well as some of my meds. I finally pulled out my old pair and wonders of all, I can see very nicely. So now I am out a pair of $314 glasses it seems. SIGH. Very frustrating indeed. I shall have to give your idea a try...
ReplyDeleteCheryl: I'm STILL trying to get used to my progressive lens, too. I just don't like them for reading.
ReplyDeleteMy son installed this magnifying glass for me last year and boy do I use it.
ReplyDeleteNow I know why your words are so large and easy to read. :) Yes, everything I do is at 125%. Makes life good.
ReplyDeletethanx for the tip, was wondering why my eyes were hurting after hours of reading, this definitely helps!!
ReplyDelete