Thursday, January 13, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon

I haven't recommended a lot of movies, but we really enjoyed How to Train Your Dragon. My brother and sister-in-law recommended it to us and now I'd like to recommend it to you. It's an animation about a Viking teenager who is supposed to fight dragons but ends up befriending one.

I'm not sure why we liked it so much. I think the animation of the dragon was so endearing that you were drawn to it. I'd like to recommend it for my four year old granddaughter, but I'm not positive that some of the fight sequences won't frighten her.

Art and I really liked it though. If you have Netflix or Blockbuster, we'd highly recommend it.

Perhaps in this terrible time of grief and anger, the movie echoed a hope for peace, civility, dialogue and friendship. It's what President Obama eloquently asked of us in his Arizona speech yesterday.

It would be nice to have friendship between dragons and people or donkeys and elephants.

15 comments:

  1. I battled the stomach flu dragons all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links.
    I watched the speech with tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Pres. Obama's speech yesterday and was impressed. We also went to a large gathering 5000 people for the opening of our new airport and I felt apprehension with all the dignitaries there: governor, senator, etc that someone could have a gun. It's a scary world we live in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look out for that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie sounds like an uplifting one. I'll suggest it to David.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for drawing the parallels between this movie and President Obama's speech. The movie sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. President Obama is such a good person. I hope I can train my dragon to be almost as good.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a great movie. I still have to listen to Obama's speech, everyone's raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dragons -- I'm putting it on my Netflix queue. Obama spoke very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this movie in my net queque.

    And -- how can we ever hope to put an end to world war when we can't even get the two leading factions of our country to disagree without killing one another?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kay, I saw this movie also and thought it was wonderful, I like your analogy. I hope those donkeys and elephants take note. Let's hope they start working together instead of all the finger pointing they do. I think many of us are getting very tired of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just watched Obama's rallying speech and was moved to tears. A great president for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also liked your analogy. I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Chris Sanders's characters.
    My favorite is a cat named Ogo.
    I wish to watch this movie.
    コメントありがとうございます。

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE hearing from you! However, if you sign in as ANONYMOUS, please don't forget to tell me who you are in the comment box by just writing your first name. We would all appreciate it if you kept your comment respectful and kind.

I’m using Comment Moderation for any post that is more than a day old because of aggravating SPAM. Therefore, if your comment does not go up on an older (more than a day old) post, it's because I need to OK it first. I'm sorry to have to do this, but again... sigh... it's the spam that's driving me crazy.