I've always liked being a lion (Leo). Now I'm a crab (Cancer)! According to the Times News Feed:
"The field of astrology, which is concerned with horoscopes and the like, felt a major disruption from astronomers, who are concerned with actual stars and planets. The astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society found that because of the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month."
So here's the new Zodiac:

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20
I don't know. This is going to take some getting used to.
I loved being a Scorpio, but now I'm a Libra? No way!
ReplyDeleteOh no, me too, changed from a Leo to a Cancer! Does that mean that I'm going to have to change my whole personality too?
ReplyDeleteWhat in the world is an Ophiuchus? Besides me, I mean, because apparently that's what I am. Find myself at my age in a Zodiac sign I never heard of before? Ridiculous. I can't even pronounce Ophiuchus.
ReplyDeleteBut Dick goes from being an Aries to a Pisces, maybe that will be an improvement. LOL
-- K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
Sorry Kay. We lions are sorry to lose you.
ReplyDeleteI go from Capricorn (earth) to Saggitarius (fire)? No way!
ReplyDeleteDavid and Lisa have the same sign (Pisces), but Maria moves from Leo to Cancer.
Maybe, this is just a fad and the astronomers will change their findings!
i'm a virgo now a leo?
ReplyDeleteI've been hearing about Opiuuchus and wondering what this was all about. People aren't pleased.
ReplyDeleteGosh darn it.
ReplyDeleteI used to be Aquarius, now I'm a Capricorn. SORRY, I don't think so. I'll just wait til the earth decides to move again! :)
(I'm on the cusp!)
If this is true, I am now Taurus from Gemini...
ReplyDeleteDon't worry another new theory will come up and cause a mess:)
Oh my that makes the Hubster a Gemini and me a Taurus, although on the cusp of Gemini.
ReplyDeleteWe discussed this the other night and the Hubster was very put out he maybe a Gemini. He lives with a 'true' Gemini and so knows what that implies lol! I think we'll be sticking where we are!
well I never liked being called a cancer, gemini sound better although I don't believe in it-I read my horoscope just for entertainment.
ReplyDeleteBut I loved being a LION!! Someone's always messing with something aren't they??? Fun post for the day, Kay, even if I don't care for their conclusions!!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
While I've never really paid any attention to the daily horoscopes, I always identified myself as a Pisces. Now it appears that I am an Aquarius. I decided I'm NOT changing. I will remain a Pisces no matter what the experts say. We are talking about identity here.
ReplyDeleteSo suddenly, after a lifetime of being told I am incompatible with Aries I suddenly am I? It is really a good thing I don't plan my life in relation to this stuff or I would be devastated.
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of us have changed...me from Cancer to Gemini. I'll have to look into that. Enjoy your new crabness.
ReplyDeleteI was born under the sign of Sagittarius and that is where I stand. The children born when this changed are the new ones. Thanks Kay for this information.
ReplyDeleteWhat, I've been a Virgo all my life! Does this mean my personality changes to Leo. I don't know Leo. Why don't people just leave things alone?
ReplyDeleteWho in the heck decided this? Sounds pretty silly to me.
ReplyDeleteI am, and will always be, the classic Aries.
All right! I was wondering if mine had changed so thank you for giving me the info. And now I don't have to be a Crabby Cancer anymore! But so sorry to you. It's really not fun saying you are a Crab or a Cancer.
ReplyDeleteOh no Kay I'm a crab too not a lion anymore!! I am still staying a leo in my heart though-LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteI was always on the cusp between so now I am an aquarius...I am spending hours on this family history. I spend time working on my husband's side till I cry too much and then move to my side which isn't so tragic... I at least feel like I am getting to know people I will never meet in some strange way....
ReplyDeleteI'm not happy either. I am rather accustomed to being a Gemini, not a Taurus...oh bully!
ReplyDeleteYou know, this is all made-up fantasy. But, you can believe if you want. I still believe in Santa Claus!
ReplyDeleteUtter, utter baloney!! I wanted to let you know about a posting you might enjoy, Kay:
ReplyDeletehttp://ruralwritings.blogspot.com/2011/01/hawaii.html