
It's just a rubber tube, but by golly it works! You stick the garlic cloves into the tube and roll it with a little pressure. The skin actually does come off. I even did more than one at a time.

I make my teriyaki sauce in the Korean style with LOTS of garlic and sesame seed oil. This peeler made my life so much easier.
I love it!
Postscript: Lin and Melissa mentioned in their comments that they use a garlic press. I definitely do, too. However, I like to peel the garlic before I stick it in the press. Now my life is made so much simpler. I hope people don't complain that I use too much garlic now.POST-POST Script: Here's what Tiffany wrote in her comment, "We got it at Wiliams and Sonoma. My Korean sister in law was the one that told me about it...they use A LOT of garlic and it has to be fresh. For them this is such a time saver."
That Tiffany comes up with the most original and useful gifts.
ReplyDeleteGotta get me on of those garlic peelers!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! My mom, before she died, would wear herself out. Despite working for 50+ years, outside the home, she identified herself by being able to care for family.
ReplyDeleteI loved the 'hubby charging me for ideas'.
Mine tells funny stories about the deer that visit our backyard!
Thank you for visiting My World !
This ia what I use for garlic.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=26463&categoryCode=KW
I have had it for about 6 years and use it ALOT!!
looks fun, I have a garlic press that minces the bulb and takes off the skin so I don't have to touch the smelly buy yummy stuff. Works great...
ReplyDeleteSince I hate the smell of garlic (and ginger) on my hands, I buy bottled minced garlic OR bottled garlic-ginger.
ReplyDeleteYou can find them in the produce section of the supermarket.
Now that is an interesting gadget. Who would have guessed its purpose? Certainly not me.
ReplyDeleteYep. I know all about that gadget from back when I used to watch Martha Stewart every day, before she went away to prison, came back and made her show friendly and BORING.
ReplyDeleteI really don't like garlic though, so I won't need one. :-)
Super.
ReplyDeleteDick has taken up garlic as part of his health regime, so I sent him this link to your blog.
Luv, K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
Excellent! It's so much better to use raw ingredients, isn't it? I shall have to look out for one of those.
ReplyDeleteCool!
ReplyDeleteMost times I'll be chopping the garlic up, so the "smash it with the side of a knife" method works quite well. However, when I need the clove whole I have a problem peeling it. This looks like it would work great.
Melissa and Lin: I have a garlic press, too and use it all the time. However, before I can put it in the press, I have to peel it which is why I love this little rubber tube. :-)
ReplyDeleteKay;
ReplyDeleteI love garlic and I love your teriyaki sticks. I think this is just what I need!
I have smashed and pressed my garlic, rolling it sounds great to me. I hate peeling.
PS
Can you send me your receipe again for the sticks. I know I have it ...somewhere?
I love gadgets that actually work!!!! I wish I knew where to find one here.
ReplyDeleteWe saw one of these before Christmas, but I couldn't see how it works, but I can see it being added to the shopping list after all.
ReplyDeleteSimply loverly. I too peel mine before I press it, and now I HAVE to get one of those. Did she buy it at a specialty store?
ReplyDeletewell, I've never heard of a garlic peeler, just the press. What a time saver.
ReplyDeleteI have always peeled the garlic before I put it in the press. I do so with a very sharp knife with an incredibly thin blade -- but I think I like your way better. Where can I get one of those?
ReplyDeleteI've e-mailed my daughter to ask her where she bought it. I'm afraid she's in the middle of a birthday party for my granddaughter right now. I'm sure she'll tell me tomorrow and I'll be sure to tell you all.
ReplyDeleteWe got it at Wiliams and Sonoma. My Korean sister in law was the one that told me about it...they use A LOT of garlic and it has to be fresh. For them this is such a time saver.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tif!
ReplyDeleteI want one of those. Looks like a bit of fun.
ReplyDeleteWow Kay...your blog is so popular as you are in real life. I still can't thank you enough for opening up my blog to everyone I have met in the last few years. I am moving on to year 5 soon. I have kept up with you via reader. I injured my hand, really my thumb and have been doing everything with a brace making everything take longer especially typing....but I do keep up to date... hugs...Michelle...
ReplyDeleteTiffany is a good daughter, she always passes on good ideas. That roller is very clever.
ReplyDeleteMichelle: Thank you so much for your kind words. I did nominate your fabulous blog under the Science category for 2011 Weblog Awards. :-) that I found in Susie's Big Adventure.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I've got to go get this. I don't use a lot of garlic because I HATE to peel/cut it. I have a $10 off coupon for Williams-Sonoma that I must use before the end of the month. I know just what I will get! Thanks for the tip, Kay!
ReplyDeleteAlright, I'll be hightailing it to Williams & Sonoma too. Thanks for the tip! And thanks for visiting my blog about men wiping away tears. I'm enjoying yours now.
ReplyDeleteElsha
I'm going to have to get one of those handy things!
ReplyDelete